Reluctant car

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster

Reluctant car

Post by Guest »

My zed (2.2, 2002) feels a bit heavy and slothful lately. The idle is ok, but if I give it a boot full from low revs in low gear, it chokes before taking off and can feel jerky under acceleration.

I'm thinking along the lines of split hoses or Cam sensors although I've not yet got into an investigation. Am I thinking right on this? Car is otherwise ok.
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Mine is doing similar and I plugged it into a code reader and it diagnosed cam sensor
VinceR

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by VinceR »

Mine was the same, bought new sensors & had them fitted. The diagnostics also confirmed they were 'dodgy'. Since then all has been well.

Post by Guest »

Looks like new sensors then although I'll check all the hoses first. Are non OEM sensors a false economy?

Post by Guest »

Guys dont rule out simple things like HT's and plugs etc, they can all make for a lumpy ride, if they are breaking down
pedro20001

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by pedro20001 »

don;t forget the air filter, my 2.2 was feeling flat and running rich, changed air filter ( halfords £7.99 rrp, if you have a trade card only £3.98!!) and even though my old one didnot look too bad, the new one has made a huge difference. I can actually hear a slight induction noise and it picks up really well. :D check plugs and fit ngk bkr6 equp currently £26.20 from ebay - plugs uk. then finally, go out, fill up with super and enjoy that exhaust note 8-)

Post by Guest »

If any one is interested i have a K&N Panel filter for the 1.8 or 1.9 engine zed, only done 30 miles, put a I57 kit on now, so going spare for £10 if any one wants to collect from Stafford?

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the replies. Any opinions on oem or non oem sensors?