BMW car magazine guide on 3.0 Z3

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
G2JRP

M roadster S50

BMW car magazine guide on 3.0 Z3

Post by G2JRP »

Just got my bmw car magazine today and there is a w page guide on the 3.0 z3.
Thought it might be of interest
ImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Is that an off the shelf mag at Smiths?
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Warrior wrote:Is that an off the shelf mag at Smiths?
Yes
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
stevenb

Not specified

Post by stevenb »

I saw this magazine myself and it's cemented my mind in opting for this model come April next year.
I've just joined up on the forum.
magi111

Not specified

Post by magi111 »

Wonderful article & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep posting!

BMW Cars
betaruce

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by betaruce »

is there a link or scan image of that article about z3 3.0?
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

can someone attach a link to the doc?

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
G2JRP

M roadster S50

Post by G2JRP »

I do not have a scanned copy but it is avalible at your local papershop :lol:
ImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Scanned Copy

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Scanned copy?

A scanned copy is a breach of copyright - so forget about that unless you fancy a court appearance.

Re: Scanned Copy

Post by Guest »

Mike Fishwick wrote:Scanned copy?

A scanned copy is a breach of copyright - so forget about that unless you fancy a court appearance.
Dont think it is an offence to own a scanned copy..........It may have been left by the Criminal Element (Life Imprisonment please) that made the copy.............personally i think copying is just a form of flattery..........If you rephrased it to a simulation of the document could you escape the death penalty for this heinous crime against man kind.....does it also count if you made a drawing of the original in crayon?

Its a good thing we dont have to worry about having terrorists, rapists and car thieves in the world so we can focus on the little things.......

:D
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Scan

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Come on - don't be difficult or try to be smart . . .

There is no legal problem with the basic matter of scanning a magazine for your own use, but it was obvious that I was referring to the request for a scanned copy to be linked on this forum - that is an obvious breach of copyright.

The first thing any wide-awake forum administrator would do about such a link is to remove it, as magazine owners are always awake to thoughtless people copying their publications on the internet, and in a UK-owned forum such as this could result in a lot of trouble.

It's like BMW's logo protection police, who spend all their time looking for even small things such as their logo being used in a signature line - one of the reasons this forum does not use the BMW logo in its header.
Last edited by Mike Fishwick on Tue 25 Oct, 2011 17:55, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Blimey Mike, you sound like a barrel of laughs... :lol:

Re: Scan

Post by Guest »

Mike Fishwick wrote:There is no problem with the basic matter of scanning a magazine for your own use, but it was obvious that I was referring to the request for a scanned copy to be linked on this forum - that is an obvious breach of copyright.
I know Mike, just pulling your leg for a smile................hope you don't mind?
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Laughs

Post by Mike Fishwick »

No problem to me - I was only offerring advice.

Sorry that Rusty Zed seems to interpret my sensible reservations as the action some kind of spoilsort, but he is obviosly unaware of the importance which is attached to breach of copyright, particularly where a recent magazine issue is concerned.

Post by Guest »

And me! Maybe I should stop? It appears to be making you more starchy??!!!
AW8

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by AW8 »

I think Mike made a fair point....regardless as to how he phrased it &/or how it was taken.

In the past I posted a scan from a car magazine on another forum but I first had decency to gain the editors permission. I imagine this might be less of an issue if the article was a few months old.

As for "Starchy"..... Mike wasn't attempting & failing to portray himself as the life & soul of the party. He was providing factual info as to possible consequences of copyright breaches.

Mike is a well regarded & knowedgable forum member & BMW enthusiuast & I think he deserves a bit more respect.

If I have genuinely missed something in translation then I apologise for getting wrong end of the stick :)
Black Z3 2.2 & Black X5 4.4 Sport.

Post by Guest »

Woah there feller. Let's all ighten up a bit shall we?

This is not about showing disrespect, this is a bit of harmless leg pulling and I do think you have the wrong end of the stick.

When one says:
I interpret that as a bit heavy handed. If one then goes on to say:
...seems to interpret my sensible reservations...
If you say so yourself Mike!! my spider senses tell me it's time to poke a bit of fun - if you don't see it that way, then fair enough, it's a bhig old world with all sorts of people in it, but if a touch of pomposity comes my way, it gets batted back with humour & humour is as we all now a personal thing & now it's got two fairly huffy responses, so it seems it may be a miss on this occasion. Sorry fellers, I'll leave you to it...

Post by Guest »

AW8 wrote:I think Mike made a fair point....regardless as to how he phrased it &/or how it was taken.

In the past I posted a scan from a car magazine on another forum but I first had decency to gain the editors permission. I imagine this might be less of an issue if the article was a few months old.

As for "Starchy"..... Mike wasn't attempting & failing to portray himself as the life & soul of the party. He was providing factual info as to possible consequences of copyright breaches.

Mike is a well regarded & knowedgable forum member & BMW enthusiuast & I think he deserves a bit more respect.

If I have genuinely missed something in translation then I apologise for getting wrong end of the stick :)
Mike has my full respect, and his posts have helped me no end when i have had problems, so my big hat off to him..................

However as Mikes post was drawing attention to an issue, I was drawing attention to how petty we as a nation and nearly population worldwide have become, it appears that we the human race are not content unless we are persecuting someone, anyone, anything, and it is this, and the nanny state, together with the PC brigade that gets right up my nose.

Sorry if i offend, not intentional, meant to be light hearted, it is after all only an opinion, and good thing about them is they generate debate..................Does anyone want to get me started on Health and Safety?
AW8

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by AW8 »

Keen we don't go wildly off topic here.

Some complain there are too many laws & rules only in modern society only to be later heard saying world would be a better place if folk better respected law & rules.

I fully accept in lifes grand scheme such a breach may be deemed as minor but I suspect mag editor &/or admin here probably wouldn't welcome same. I stand to be corrected of course.

I think you prior clarified your initial response in any case.

Sincerely not looking for a bun fight mate - I just saw comments, (not just yours) including the "Starchy" reference & thus felt need to post in reponse ;)

World peace & all that :wink:
Last edited by AW8 on Tue 25 Oct, 2011 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

AW8 wrote:Keen we don't go wildly off topic here.

Some complain there are too many laws & rules only in modern society only to be later heard saying world would be a better place if folk repected law & rules.

I fully accept in lifes grand scheme such a breach may be deemed as minor but I suspect mag editor &/or admin here probably wouldn't welcome same. I stand to be corrected of course.

I think you prior clarified your initial response in any case.

Sincerely not looking for a bun fight mate - I just saw comments, (not just yours) including the "Starchy" reference & thus felt need to post in reponse ;)

World peace & all that :wink:
Toot Toot M8 in agreement :)
AW8

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by AW8 »

:thumb:
stevenb

Not specified

Post by stevenb »

Perhaps their is someone else on the web who has scanned the 2 x pages.
I'll have a search later.
Was a nice little write up.
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Everything you need to know about buying the the Z3 3.0i

Post by Hard Top »

10 Minute Guide
Everything you need to know about buying the Z3 3.0i Roadster in a nutshell.

You could sign up - become a member - of the BMW car community........... :idea:

http://www.bmwcarmagazine.com/magazines ... ember-2011
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
Lazzzydog

blank.gif

Post by Lazzzydog »

Now i remember why i don't come on here very often any more. :shake: