Front Strut Braces

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Front Strut Braces

Post by rambo »

Can Anyone Point Me In The Right Direction For Suppliers Of Front Strut Braces?
What Experience Have Any Of You Had With Deciding On Supplier And Fitting ?
Excellent Forum.makes Interesting Reading
Thanks
Rambo
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Have you spotted the big advert at the top of every page? If not then there is always Fleabay.

Make sure you get the right brace for your engine size though.
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by rambo »

Thanks for the reply.Yes I have seen the ads at the top of the page but a) I wanted to buy U.K.goods and b) I didn't want to spend as much as they appear to want for the bar.Thanks anyway and I'll keep looking
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

eBay is a good source. Make sure you get one which is correct for the number of cylinders you have.

I fitted a Chromiumtech strut brace - http://www.chromiumtech.co.uk/categories.asp?cID=64

Sold it a while back, but it did make a big difference. The reason I got rid of it was only that it masked other issues with the car. It was serviced a month or so after fitting, and I had a leaking front shock, 2 dodgy lower ball joints and a couple of duff bushes replaced. This fixed most of the handling issues, so I never refitted it!

Hope it helps, Gary
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by rambo »

Thanks for your help Gary.Will investigate further.
VinceR

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by VinceR »

Hi,

After some advice on here, I fitted one of these. Had to make a small (5 min) modification due to the earthing nut. But it's worth the money I paid. Just, as has been mentioned, ensure that what you buy is for your engine! Mine's a 6 cylinder & this fits perfectly.
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by rambo »

Hi
Thanks for the reply and it looks good for what i want.A little mod is never a problem so if you say its what it is then I will go for it
Regards
Mike :)

Post by Guest »

Have to say that does look extremely good value for the money, it looks a bit like the OMP model
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

VinceR wrote:Hi,

After some advice on here, I fitted one of these. Had to make a small (5 min) modification due to the earthing nut. But it's worth the money I paid. Just, as has been mentioned, ensure that what you buy is for your engine! Mine's a 6 cylinder & this fits perfectly.
I fitted one of these to my last zed and was excellent value and certainly made a difference so would recommend one.

Some pictures of it fitted and also the mod that is needed to make it fit which is to cut a little notch out for the earth stud;

Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

strut brace

Post by rambo »

Vince
Thanks for the pics. Can't wait for the postie !!
regards
mike
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Certainly looks value for money
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Strut Brace

Post by rambo »

Many thanks to VinceR and the rest of you who contributed to the discussion and based on his photo's and advice I bought one via ebay and within 3 days it was delivered and fitted.It certainley looks the mutts nuts and has reduced a high amount of movement at the front especially as I live down a bumpy tarmac road.
Rambo