Had enough

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Muzz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Had enough

Post by Muzz »

Had my 97 z nearly 2 years now.ive had so much fun it but I got to be honest I've just had enough of it.Had mot on it in end of September passed but now something wrong with heating( see other post)been looking now at getting a Porsche in the near future.,but for now I need something more reliable through the winter.The z starts first time all the time but I cannot do with a cooling system that is not reliable basically I have no more money to throw at it.if anyone may be interested in my z pm me.I think for now something cheap and cheerfull is gonna have to do unil I move on.
Dave :(
Its a hairdressing thing.......................you would'nt understand
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Had enough

Post by TitanTim »

Muzz wrote:Had my 97 z nearly 2 years now.ive had so much fun it but I got to be honest I've just had enough of it.Had mot on it in end of September passed but now something wrong with heating( see other post)been looking now at getting a Porsche in the near future.,but for now I need something more reliable through the winter.The z starts first time all the time but I cannot do with a cooling system that is not reliable basically I have no more money to throw at it.if anyone may be interested in my z pm me.I think for now something cheap and cheerfull is gonna have to do unil I move on.
Sorry your experiencing probs Dave, I think with Zeds they are either very reliable or you get a few niggly probs, however most probs are easily sorted. If you have no money to throw at it then going for a Porsche is jumping straight into the fire!!

You have too remember most Z3s are 10 years or older so will suffer the odd problem or two!!

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

TitanTim wrote:
Muzz wrote:Had my 97 z nearly 2 years now.ive had so much fun it but I got to be honest I've just had enough of it.Had mot on it in end of September passed but now something wrong with heating( see other post)been looking now at getting a Porsche in the near future.,but for now I need something more reliable through the winter.The z starts first time all the time but I cannot do with a cooling system that is not reliable basically I have no more money to throw at it.if anyone may be interested in my z pm me.I think for now something cheap and cheerfull is gonna have to do unil I move on.
Sorry your experiencing probs Dave, I think with Zeds they are either very reliable or you get a few niggly probs, however most probs are easily sorted. If you have no money to throw at it then going for a Porsche is jumping straight into the fire!!

You have too remember most Z3s are 10 years or older so will suffer the odd problem or two!!

Tim.

Got to contradict you there Tim. Had my Boxster 10 months now and other than routine maintenance it's been 100% reliable.
I think like all brands of cars, you will always hear of the horror stories and none of the good. People only post their problems on the forums.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Hang_em_high wrote:
TitanTim wrote:

Tim.

Got to contradict you there Tim. Had my Boxster 10 months now and other than routine maintenance it's been 100% reliable.
I think like all brands of cars, you will always hear of the horror stories and none of the good. People only post their problems on the forums.
But I can't imagine they would be cheap to repair if they went wrong? or on par with BMW?

Tim.
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Like the Zeds Tim, many are 10yrs + now and getting on so spares are plentiful and again like BMW there are loads of indie's out there offering top notch work at a fraction of the dealers prices :)
Simba901

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Simba901 »

Having owned a 1970's porche and a zed got to say they are on about a par for faults repairs and parts. Just stay away from old british sports car unless you can weld :shock:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Hang_em_high wrote:Like the Zeds Tim, many are 10yrs + now and getting on so spares are plentiful and again like BMW there are loads of indie's out there offering top notch work at a fraction of the dealers prices :)
Cool, I'm going too have too bag myself a 911 :shock:

:lol:

Tim.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Porche tut tut, you really need a TT tim :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

seasurfer wrote:Porche tut tut, you really need a TT tim :D
Nooooooooooooooooo Gill Gill, I'am a horse of a man I couldn't bee seen in a TTT :shock:

Tim.
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Sounds like you need a Bedford TK then :D

Shall i ask ~~ and why not~~ :bawl: :bawl:

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

I must be lucky, my Zed was reliable and so is my Porsche :|
Seems to be more indy Porsche dealers- especially near you Dave...

garyw

Post by Guest »

TitanTim wrote:[ I'am a horse of a man
More of a buggy or trap then Tim............... :lol: