Alarm wouldn't turn off

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
baretto

Z3 roadster 1.9

Alarm wouldn't turn off

Post by baretto »

So I went to the gym today, went back to the car and the alarm would not deactivate. The light was flashing on the remote when I was pressing the button but the doors would not unlock and the alarm wouldn't deactivate either.
So I opened the door with the key and drove the 5 minute journey back to my house with the alarm going off :? . Someone even pulled over when I was behind them (they must have thought I was the police)
Anyway, got home and locked the door with the key and the alarm still wouldn't deactivate. Tried 20 minutes later, and would you believe it the alarm deactivated and the doors unlocked. I have tried it 4 or 5 times since and it seems fine.
Anyone know a reason why this would happen, or any suggestions on how to deactivate the alarm without the remote fob in case it happens again?
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

I suspect there was probably some kind of radio interference at your gym site that caused the RF signal from the remote fob to be blocked which can sometimes happen.

In terms of silencing the alarm you should have a small round key which is to silence the alarm for just such occasions or for valet mode. This turns a lock on the top of the siren located under the bonnet near the nearside bulkhead if you can get your hands down to it. This just silences the siren mind so you still would get flashing indicators if the alarm is triggered.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE