airbag light

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
houdini2005

Z3 roadster 2.8

airbag light

Post by houdini2005 »

my airbag light is on permanantly (seat occ mat) and wondered if anybody has used one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-PLUGnPLAY ... 4cfbbfdc5e, also will this bypass fix be legal under the new mot regs due out in jan 2012 :?:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I have a reset tool, and live in Telford...

I am sure you have read the disadvantages in the advert, and this is your choice,

but the advert does not state that

your passenger will not be protected by the airbag as it will not deploy, even with the airbag light showing system OK......

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
houdini2005

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by houdini2005 »

i have taken on your comments and fitting this bypass is an "if and when i fit it".
if i do fit it i would appreciate the use of your reset tool, i have had the seat looked at by the guys at autotech performance who look after the mechanicals for me http://www.autotechperformance.co.uk/
they've qouted £160 + for the supply & fit of a new occupancy mat.

on a simlar note i'm some times the passenger in my brother in law's 1963 mgb roadster ( no airbags no seatbelts) now that is frightening but also makes us grin :) .
houdini2005

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by houdini2005 »

i have taken on your comments and fitting this bypass is an "if and when i fit it".
if i do fit it i would appreciate the use of your reset tool, i have had the seat looked at by the guys at autotech performance who look after the mechanicals for me http://www.autotechperformance.co.uk/
they've qouted £160 + for the supply & fit of a new occupancy mat.

on a simlar note i'm some times the passenger in my brother in law's 1963 mgb roadster ( no airbags no seatbelts) now that is frightening but also makes us grin :) .
houdini2005

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by houdini2005 »

a big thank you to gookah (pete) for the use of the reset tool and it was really nice meeting you, hope maybe to catch you next sunday at cosford for the mid breakfast club. 8-)
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

no problem Chris
Good to meet up and fix something at the same time.... :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..