Aaaaaahhhh, There May be trouble ahead!!!!!!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
G17RDY

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Aaaaaahhhh, There May be trouble ahead!!!!!!

Post by G17RDY »

Just went to open the car with the remote central locking, and door locks seemed sluggish, There wasn't the usual motorised unlocking noise.
and then i found that the passenger side had opened and the drivers hadn't....aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :head: :head: :head:
Battery is good, so i know it won't be that, maybe i'll take the door card off and give everything a wee grease up.

Anybody else with a similar problem in the past????
This isn't Mission Difficult Mr Hunt, It's Mission Impossible
Difficult should be a walk in the park for you.....

Mission impossible is trying to get your missus to understand that you need expensive performance parts for your Z4!!!!
JUNGLE
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JUNGLE »

Solenoid / Actuator is probably on the way out...it seems a common fault.

Regards
JUNGLE
NorwegianBlue
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by NorwegianBlue »

I had the same thing on my 2000 2.8. The dealer fixed it but I can't remember what they did. Whatever they did, it was not a major fix more of tweak if that's any reassurance.
Desperado

Not specified

Post by Desperado »

Same problem for me, had the passenger side lock motor changed and it works fine now. Roughly £150 all in to get it fixed.

Ed
AndyBass
Z Register member

BMW other

Post by AndyBass »

Broken wires in the wiring loom where it enters the boot lid can also cause the same symptoms. If you're not mechanically, or in this case electrically minded an auto electrician could check it fairly cheaply, it happened to mine along with fuse number 7 regularly blowing.
G17RDY

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Post by G17RDY »

Aaaaarrrrgh, its now completely gone, door wont even attempt to lock when cenral locking is actiavted. Everything else is working ok, and door will lock with key, so it looks like a trip to the dealers!!!!

Mission impossible is trying to get your missus to understand that you need expensive performance parts for your Z4!!!!
G17RDY

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Post by G17RDY »

Aaaaarrrrgh, its now completely gone, door wont even attempt to lock when cenral locking is actiavted. Everything else is working ok, and door will lock with key, so it looks like a trip to the dealers!!!!

Unless someone can tell me part numbers etc, and weather i can order replacement from Euro car parts or somewhere like that so i can fix myslef!!!

Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

You may find that it will start working ok on its own. I had the same problem a year or so ago and a few other people have posted that their locks started working without anything being done to them. It seems its always the drivers door
GAZ
Z Register member

M coupe S50

Post by GAZ »

Had the same thing this year on the coupe in the passenger door. Took it to the dealers and had it fixed under warranty. It took them about an hour and a half to two hours to fix.

Gaz