Front Lower Suspension

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
BALDYPAUL

Z3 roadster 1.8

Front Lower Suspension

Post by BALDYPAUL »

Hi There.i've Got An Advisory On The Mot For Split/missing Seal And Play In Both Lower Balljoints.from What Pics I Have Seen,they Look Like A Pressed Fit Into The Arm.there Is A Guy On Ebay In Germany Selling Full Arms With Both Upper And Lower Balljoints Attached.is This The Wayto Go,as I Would Like To Change Them Myself,but Not Sure About The Chew Factor Involved.he's Asking £28 +shipping Per Arm,but I Can't Believe There Isn't Somewhere In The Uk That Does Them.any Help Fellas?
alan36

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by alan36 »

Hi mate, Euro Carparts or GSF will supply them. I got one for my car and it was £40+vat. They are actually easy to fit and I think there is a "how to" on here for it.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Yes replacing the wishbones is by far the easier option as you will need at least a 10 ton press and correct tooling to replace just the balljoints on their own. There are loads of people selling wishbones on ebay for the z3 but be cautious of the quality as some are made of really cheap metal. You could also try eurocarparts and use the following discount code so should make them reasonably priced and a better guarantee of quality.

25% Discount code: MBCLUB25
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
BALDYPAUL

Z3 roadster 1.8

Fornt Suspension

Post by BALDYPAUL »

Hi There Fellas.thanks For The Replies.i Tried Last Night On Eurocarparts,but Only The Balljoints Came Up.i Have Asked Them If They Supply The Full Arms And Am Waiting For A Reply.will Have A Look At Gsf.thanks Again
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Yes they do but probably don't have them listed under your model but as they are all the same across the non ///m range here you go;

http://www.eurocarparts.com/suspension- ... ion-joints

If that link doesn't take your browser to the correct page put your details in for a 2.8 Z3 and it should work. You have a couple of options depending on how much you want to pay but I would think the cheaper ones will be ok.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
BALDYPAUL

Z3 roadster 1.8

lower suspension

Post by BALDYPAUL »

Found It,thanks Again