Angel Eye Install

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Evs87

Z3 roadster 1.9

Angel Eye Install

Post by Evs87 »

As I have had some time off this week I thought I would sort a few things with the zed one of them being de-tango/fitting angel eyes! All done now and headlights back in the car but I haven't wired the angel eyes in yet. I'm sure I read on somebody else's thread (which I can't find now!) that the wiring in a BMW was different by them using the dotted wire as the positive and solid as negtive, is that correct? I have the pre-facelift without the side lights in the bumpers. I haven't had a look at the wiring of the side lights yet as it got dark and was wondering if anybody knew off the top of their head which colour wires were positive/neagative. Hope I am making some sort of sense. Thanks
mikes111s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by mikes111s »

Just wondered how you got on removing the orange lenses and what you replaced them with?
Evs87

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Evs87 »

To be honest it was really easy. Put them in the oven at 90 for about 15 mins then you can pull the headlights apart. Once that is done, the lenses just pop out, there are two clips holding them in. I didn't replace with anything and I'm happy how it looks. I will post pics up later if I get to wiring the angels in.
Wolverine_1999

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Wolverine_1999 »

I didn't bother filling with anything afterwards either.. I do notice however that the indicator light does not "fill" the front corner of the light when flashing as well as before.

Just be careful when indicating as some people might not see it..