Leaking washer jets.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Leaking washer jets.

Post by rambo »

Can anyone help in giving advice on how to stop water leaking from the washer jets after use on my 99 Z3 2 litre? I assume it may be a non return valve some, if so is there one or two and where is it situated?
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Leaking washer jets.

Post by stu »

I seem to remember the NRV is in the jet.

Other than checking for grit/other contamination, they're not too expensive to replace.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
siwilson

M roadster S54

Re: Leaking washer jets.

Post by siwilson »

If you have heated washer jets then the NRV is part of the jet. if not then look for a white 'device' in line in the hose close by. To get to either you need to remove the under bonnet soundproofing blanket. there are special hose clips as well that need a special tool to remove, although you could probably replace with micro jubilee clips.

I suspect crud an calcium have just been building up for a while and now block the valve. BMW actually mention that their washer fluid prevents this. Then they would say that, wouldn't they. I had a 'drilbler' a while back. Mine was a heated jet, so not cheap to replace. I managed to get it apart and clean it out. if you do the same, watch out for the tiny springs and small rubber inserts. they can ping a long way.
2001 M roadster S54 Laguna Seca Blue
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Leaking washer jets.

Post by stu »

And chrome z8 replacement nozzles fit if required.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Leaking washer jets.

Post by rambo »

Thanks for the help guys.
I'll get on to it as soon as I have finished decorating the Lounge; penance for too much time in the garage.
Regards to all for a great forum.