BMW Seat Savers

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

BMW Seat Savers

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

Decided to treat the Zed to a set of BMW seat covers which are hard to get in the UK now so these came from the States and are made specically for the Zeds sports seats. You can also get ones for the standard flatter seats and come in either grey or sand in colour. Look to be very well made with double stitched seams and a cutout for the seatbelt guide and a nice embroidered BMW logo. Not everyones cuppa but will be leather treating the seats this weekend and will fit the covers to keep them pristine.

Will post some pics when fitted :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Re: BMW Seat Savers

Post by macca »

Come on Tim, you got them yesterday and you still haven't fitted them?? Where's the pics?? :wink:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

macca wrote:Come on Tim, you got them yesterday and you still haven't fitted them?? Where's the pics?? :wink:
Just fitted them but forgot to take some pics :head: :oops:

If the weather is decent tomorrow I might fit the front mudflaps so will get some pics done :lol: They fit well anyways :P

Tim.
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by LookinFoolish »

TitanTim wrote:
macca wrote:Come on Tim, you got them yesterday and you still haven't fitted them?? Where's the pics?? :wink:

If the weather is decent tomorrow I might fit the front mudflaps so will get some pics done :lol: They fit well anyways :P

Tim.
If you end up fitting those mudflaps, don't forget to let me know if you drilled them! :D I'm FINALLY getting my Z insured this week!! So i'll be doing all the necessary fixes/upgrades!
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

LookinFoolish wrote:
TitanTim wrote:

Tim.
If you end up fitting those mudflaps, don't forget to let me know if you drilled them! :D I'm FINALLY getting my Z insured this week!! So i'll be doing all the necessary fixes/upgrades!
Fitting instructions for the front flaps are here http://www.roadstersolutions.com/page1.html

The instructions arent that clear but looking at the flaps theyre held on with 2 self tappers and 2 clips and some 3M tape. I think I will substitute the 2 clips for another 2 self tappers.

Tim.
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by LookinFoolish »

I've had a look at it and i cannot figure out how the clips work, plus the tape on mine are worn and wouldn't stick. Here's a pic of the clips i've got;

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315 ... dbf0ba.jpg
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

LookinFoolish wrote:I've had a look at it and i cannot figure out how the clips work, plus the tape on mine are worn and wouldn't stick. Here's a pic of the clips i've got;

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315 ... dbf0ba.jpg
Yes mine are the same, I'm unsure but I think you're supposed to peel back the edge of the wheel arch liner and the flap clips on somehow but I don't fancy messing with the arch liner so I'm going to drill and extra 2 holes one for each clip position and fix with self tapping screws. I'm not keen pulling the arch liner out in case it doesn't go back correctly.

Tim.
luckycolourblue

M roadster S52

Post by luckycolourblue »

I don't get the seat covers, are they for use all the time or just when you have dirty folk in the car :puzzle:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

luckycolourblue wrote:I don't get the seat covers, are they for use all the time or just when you have dirty folk in the car :puzzle:
Put them on, take them off, whatever you want to do with them :) These would be useful to stop the leather getting scuffed, zips etc but for me I'm just an anal sole and want to keep the seats clean and scuff free :lol: They go on very easily and can be removed in a jiffy and theyre good in that theyre made for the Z3 sports seats.

Tim.