Seat Belt Guide - Disconnecting the electrics

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
uggers2k

blank

Seat Belt Guide - Disconnecting the electrics

Post by uggers2k »

Hi,

Right had a quick look at removing my seat as I am planning to do my seat belt guide over the bank holiday.

Had a look at the writeup on the forum on how to do it, but it does not state about disconnecting the electric connectors from the seat without breaking them.

Is there any easy way to do this so I can take the seat out?

Cheers
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Seat Belt Guide - Disconnecting the electrics

Post by XVar »

Once you've undone all 4 bolts holding the seat in move it all the way forwards with the seat control and you should be able to see 2 small connectors a yellow one and a brown one. Both of these should pull out fairly easily. Then there's two large connectors further in, one freely hanging (this one just unplugs) and on mine another which is not connected to anything (heated seats?) but you need to rotate it 90 degrees to remove from the seat. To do the two big connectors it's much easier if you can get someone else to tilt the seat as far forward as it will go so you can get your head down there and actually see what you're doing :). Was a complete pain in the arse the first time I did it but now it takes seconds.

Oh and do it with the roof down and don't turn the ignition on with the seats disconnected. If you have an electric roof and need to put it up with the seats out turn the brass key in the boot to disengage the hydraulic system, this lets you put the roof up and down manually.
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
uggers2k

blank

Re: Seat Belt Guide - Disconnecting the electrics

Post by uggers2k »

Cheers for the info :)