What do you think it's worth?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
mrwhippy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

What do you think it's worth?

Post by mrwhippy »

With the arrival of my 3.0 Z3 I will be passing on my 1.9 to a new owner. I've had expressions of interest from family & friends so it seems unlikely that I will get to test the market with the car. With the car being such low mileage I admit to having difficulty putting a comparative value on it. I'd be interested to hear any views on how much you think I should be asking. I do not want to give her away, but I'm thinking of a 'quick sale' kind of price. Any advice appreciated.

Details:
1998 1.9 Z3 Auto
Atlanta Blue
Beige interior
Heated Sports seats
17" BMW Type 44 alloys (original pepperpots come with car.)
Detangoed (original lights/lenses come with car)
Roll-over protection
<17,000 miles
Stainless cat-back exhaust
5 green service lights (Inspection 2 just completed by David Paul Warrington)
2-owner car
MOT due November

Here's a link to some recent photo's (because we all love photo's):

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g44 ... or%20Sale/
PCSAM

blank

Re: What do you think it's worth?

Post by PCSAM »

i would revert it back to tango state , then it may open up more interest outside of here ........
in not a fan of auto boxes on the z3 (takes a lot of fun away from it .in my opinion ) its a nice car stock would be better for it .......
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

PCSAM wrote:i would revert it back to tango state , then it may open up more interest outside of here ........
Why do you say that? Not agreeing or disagreeing, just curious on the point of view.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

I think your best bet is to search sites like Autotrader, Pistonheads, Ebay and maybe Exchange & Mart to see what typical ASKING prices are. Make some allowance for the low mileage too, but don't be too optimistic. We're all Z3 fans on here and if we're honest, we probably think they are worth more than the rest of the car buying public. :wink: Pointless to put it up for a high price and then have no interest as has happened on here fairly recently. While the mileage is low, it is an automatic with a smaller engine so it may be less sought after, though you only need one buyer at the end of the day.
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

BladeRunner919 wrote:
PCSAM wrote:i would revert it back to tango state , then it may open up more interest outside of here ........
Why do you say that? Not agreeing or disagreeing, just curious on the point of view.
a lot of people looking for a z3 might prefer it untouched ie, as it came from the factory ....
and one bonus you could sell the untango stuff on here .........
trigg35

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by trigg35 »

hi
i dont think anyone has read your post properly.you say you have interest from family and friends who i guess like the car as it is and want to know what its worth.id say it depends on how much you paid for the new one ie the cost to swap,how much you paid for this one and how nice you feel towards your buyer.i think its worth about £2750 - £3000.perhaps if its your mum/sister etc £2500 but if its a wheeler dealer mate who may sell it in three months time go for the £3000.
mrwhippy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mrwhippy »

Thanks for the comments everyone. The brother-in-law is most keen, almost to the point of harassment! He knows the time & expense I've put into the car. I've promised him a price this weekend.

To add a bit of perspective, I was offered £3500 trade-in a couple of weeks ago against a 3.0 litre (not the one I bought).

Regards.
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

Wow £3500 trade in that was a good price i would be lucky to get £2500 for mine

Si-forks on tapatalk
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
mrwhippy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mrwhippy »

Yes, but the 3.0 Sport was priced at £6995 - it sold very quickly too.