Just did my Stuck seat motor!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Nidjet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Just did my Stuck seat motor!

Post by Nidjet »

Hi everyone,

I finally took the plunge and bought my first Z3 on Wednesday this week and i cannot believe that it had taken me this long to decide to go for it. Im not sure how i managed to live without a Z for all these years!

Anyway, i wanted to thank everyone who has written about stuck seat height motors as my passenger one was stuck when i bought the car, which i used as a bargaining chip for a bit of cash off the price. I went out this morning and freed up the shaft after taking the seat out, and it works perfectly now. Thank you all again for your advice and for saving me a load of money.

I'm looking forward to becoming an active member of the forum.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Just did my Stuck seat motor!

Post by OldskoolRS »

Welcome to the club (I only joined about three months ago myself). Loads of useful information on here, especially the 'Z3 range knowledgebase' section. You picked a nice week to buy a convertible too. :)
Nidjet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Nidjet »

OldskoolRS wrote:Welcome to the club (I only joined about three months ago myself). Loads of useful information on here, especially the 'Z3 range knowledgebase' section. You picked a nice week to buy a convertible too. :)
Thank you for the warm welcome. I must say that im very impressed with all the knowledge on the board so far. As far as the weather goes, yes it is indeed perfect, im having to fight the wife for the keys!
drillerman47

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by drillerman47 »

Hi Nidjet,
I too, am new to the forums and already the guys here have offered some great tips to a complete Z3 virgin..!
How easy is it to remove the seat as I have some lateral movement in the seat when braking sharply and accelerating away quickly. I wondered whats wrong and easy to fix. I suspect it maybe wear?
Nidjet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Nidjet »

drillerman47 wrote:Hi Nidjet,
I too, am new to the forums and already the guys here have offered some great tips to a complete Z3 virgin..!
How easy is it to remove the seat as I have some lateral movement in the seat when braking sharply and accelerating away quickly. I wondered whats wrong and easy to fix. I suspect it maybe wear?
Hi Drillerman,

The seat was really easy to unbolt, i didnt actually take the seat right out as i could get to the seat motor etc by just tilting it sideways. I have to replace the bushes in my drivers seat as well and am planning to tackle that job next week. The guide on here is pretty good and theres a chap who sells the bushes for a tenner or so. If you have a search for seat bushes, you should find it.
Nidjet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Nidjet »

In fact this is the thread for the seat bushes here.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... eat+bushes