radio code question

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

radio code question

Post by Pistol968 »

Having just bought my new Zed the radio is asking for the code to be entered- I have the digits but not sure how to enter them.... the preset channel numbers only go up to 6 but one of the numbers is a 9. What am I missing here? What do I need to press to enter the numbers.

The unit is an original BMW radio/ Cassette one.

Cheers
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: radio code question

Post by Southernboy »

What make of radio ?? Call the agents, or if it's an OEM fitting, call BMW
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
bowei001

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by bowei001 »

As you have the 4 digit code,try installing it like this:

Say you have code 1234: push button No1 once, then button 2 twice, button 3 three times, button 4 four times and then push the arrow button which is at the bottom right of the radio (to the right of the "m" button). The radio should come on. If you see "WAIT" appear, you have entered the wrong code 3 times and you need to wait an hour (leaving the radio on all the while) before having another go.
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

Brilliant- Thanks Bowei001, worked a treat!
roadvoyager1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by roadvoyager1 »

The BMW Radiopass for the BMW Business CD Car Radio (model BP8272) fitted in my 1999 Z3 contains the number 8 in three positions. The handbook clearly explains the method of code input using the station buttons(1-6) with the following example; "if the first digit is 4 press station key 4". Where is key 8??? :? The car is currently tucked up for winter and I am putting the battery on charge every 4 weeks or so, but would like to know the correct method in case I need to disconnect the battery in the future. Confirmation that the press buttons 1 to 4 the appropriate number of times method described in the earlier thread will work on my radio, from any knowledgeable members, would be most helpful. Thank you
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

BMW Business Radio.

If the code is 1234, press the 1 button twice (the first press is number 0 [zero]), then press the 2 button three times, the 3 button four times and the 4 button five times. Finally, press the button to the right of the M (memory?) button that is like a right arrow. The radio will start with all previous settings remembered.
Pingu
roadvoyager1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by roadvoyager1 »

Thanks very much. Your explanation of the first press being zero is really useful. I expect it is like most things, when you know how it's easy. and in this case the manual is a little misleading = totally wrong!! Thanks again.