Toe and Heeling

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Toe and Heeling

Post by Pistol968 »

Are the pedal positions adjustable or did the positions change slightly from year to year? I can toe and heel reasonably comfortably in my 99 where as I couldn't at all in my 98 and I'm almost certain that my feet are the same shape and size as they were 6 weeks ago....
Nidjet

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Toe and Heeling

Post by Nidjet »

Maybe its to do with pedal size and shape rather than their position? I find it easier to do in my E39 5 series than my Z.
Monkey

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Monkey »

dont forget your seating poisition in relation to the pedals in all axis, how much room your knees have etc. i dont know what the changes between the 98' and 99' models are, ore more specifically whats the different between your 2 Z's. but somethink must be different.
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

from memory the accelerator pedal on the 98 was set too high next to the brake pedal so when the brake was depressed you would of had to dislocate your ankle to "blip" the throttle but on the 99 the pedals are almost level when the brake is depressed - still a little too high to be ideally placed but much better. I suppose it could be linked to the state of the brake pads- pedal depression needed- etc but as it stands I'm pleased as it really ads to the driving pleasure/ experience and makes the changes a lot smoother.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Pretty sure there have been no changes to the pedals throughout the production of the Z3. Unless one car has had metal pedal covers fitted, then my only other thought is that brake pedal has more travel in it in one car than the other. Can't say I've noticed much difference between any of the zeds I've driven, except for the clutch in the ///M, which is quite a bit heavier. Seats might also make a difference if one has sports seats and the other not.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
skeete

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by skeete »

I have no problem blipping on downshift in my 2000/x 3.0
The throttle does seem to be far lower than the brake pedal but I can roll my foot quite easily onto the throttle whilst depressing the brake.