Blanking plates

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Blanking plates

Post by freds dad »

I'm after two blanking plates to cover unused holes on the area around the clock and was wondering if any of you good folk had any unused ones lying around.

I know its a bit cheeky but at nearly £4 each from the stealer I'd rather give someone off here the money.

Thanks
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Blanking plates

Post by Dave L2 »

I've got one from the rear of the centre console from when I installed my HRS switch. Not sure if they are universal or not but this is part # let me know if you want it.

corky

M roadster S50

Post by corky »

dave
been looking for one myself, if fred dunt want it can i be the next in line

cheers corky
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Dave it is the correct part number. Let me know how much you want, how to pay you and I will arrange payment.

Thanks

FD
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

I too am after that blanking plate. I know this is going to sound stupid but how do you actually order the thing off of the RealOEM.com website? I've been all round the site and can't see anyway of actually placing an order.

Any help gratefully received so I can order part number 51162492136

Many thanks
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

You don't order things from RealOEM - it is just a reference site, as is BMWFans. If you want to order, take the part number to either your local BMW dealer, Coopers or BMMiniParts. Dealers can order any part (as long as it is still available) and will usually get them in within a matter of a few days and not charge you postage as long as you pick them up. Coopers prices seem to be a little more. BMMiniParts seem to offer good savings, but only have certain items.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

Excellent. Many thanks
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

PM Sent.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I have the following:

2 x 51.16.8.400.712 -Blanking plate (narrow) - [look new]
1 x 51.16.2.492.136 -Blanking plate (wide) - [slightly scuffed]
1 x 51.16.8.407.211 - Rear Switch Cover for 3 Switches - [looks new]

The wider plate does not fit the rear switch cover, so I assume it is for the front. I don't have the bezel for the back of the switch cover.

I was accidentally sent these by one of the members on here, as they were tucked in a bag with a hardtop cover I bought from him and I didn't find them till I took the hardtop off the car. He has not been on the forum for nearly two years and all my attempts to contact him have failed, therefore these items are free to a good home.

I will post, or can bring them with me to zedfest.

Cheers R.
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Hi Robert can I take the 2 new looking ones from you. I can collect from yours at weekend or you can pop them in the post.

Cheers

Keith
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

They're yours, Keith. I'll be cleaning the frog's engine bay at the weekend, so if you want to come over and pick them up, you're quite welcome.

Cheers R.
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

Robert

Would I please be able to have the remaining blanking plate? More than happy to send you something to cover postage/hassle etc.

Many thanks

Matt
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Matt, the remaining blanking plate is slightly larger - part number 51.16.2.492.136. Where are you after one for? The front? I can offer it up to my console next time I go down to the car and check that it is like mine. Just PM me your address, or come along to zedfest. Don't worry about postage - it's not worth it.

Cheers R.
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

Many thanks Robert. It's for the rear of teh centre console. I've bought several plates so far and none i've bought seem to fit. I've got a plastic surround that fits so i'm thinking that even if the plate doesn't fit perfectly I can adapt it with the plastic surround i've got. Have you got the dimensions?
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Robert T wrote:They're yours, Keith. I'll be cleaning the frog's engine bay at the weekend, so if you want to come over and pick them up, you're quite welcome.

Cheers R.
Cheers Robert. It will probably be Sunday if that's ok. Can you PM me your number and I will give you a call tomorrow.

K
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I quickly fitted them to the frame and you can see that it has the wrong radius in the corners. The wide one fits in the centre and the narrow ones to the outside.

The dimension are:
[head]Part #[/head][head]Width (mm)[/head][head]Height (mm)[/head][col]51.16.8.400.712[/col][col]18[/col][col]41[/col][col]51.16.2.492.136[/col][col]22[/col][col]41[/col]
Cheers R.
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

Ah, I see. It's the narrow (outside one) i'm after. Never mind and thanks anyway
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

MattO wrote:Ah, I see. It's the narrow (outside one) i'm after. Never mind and thanks anyway
Hi Matto

I have a blank plate No.400712, 18mm wide and 41mm, if you send me your address in a PM you can have it, it has only been sitting in the garage since I removed it from my car. :D
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

There seems to be a pre & post facelift thing going on here. I have wide ones to the outside *2 and a narrow one to the inside *1. The two outside switches are Roof & HRS with the inner one being the Alarm LED. Rob's is a pre-facelift and mine is post so whilst the part numbers for the wider plate do match there appears to be a difference between quantity & location.

My wider one is still available if anyone wants it, although corkey has first refusal, depending on what Fred's Dad needs.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Just been through this with Keith now, with the two cars side by side. Pre-facelift is two narrow and centre one wide. Post-facelift is two wide and centre one narrow. The alarm LED is narrow in both cars (mine has the later alarm) and the HRW switch is wide in both cars, even though they are different switches. The plate looks to be the same size, just a different configuration of holes. I believe there is also a two hole version.

Keith (freds dad) has taken the wide blank, which fitted his front console perfectly (facelift 2.8), and I still have the two narrow blanks and the plate. He will need another wide blank when he removes the HRW switch from his car.

I have some other bits as well, including the coin cubby and the protectors for the legs of the hardtop. I'll bring the lot to Silverstone, but if anyone is sure what they need, I am happy to post.

Cheers R.
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Hi Dave as you can see from Roberts post I need another wide blank plate. If its still available can you let me know and we can arrange it.

Thanks Robert for the other plate and your wealth of knowledge that you shared today.
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

I really appreciate all this info and the pre/post facelift situation was something I was unaware of. I ordered a narrow blanking plate from the web and it doesn't fit and now I understand why. It's the wider one I need. So if anyone does have a spare wide plate for sale, please let me know as I will gladly take it

Many thanks

Matt
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

freds dad wrote:Hi Dave as you can see from Roberts post I need another wide blank plate. If its still available can you let me know and we can arrange it.

Thanks Robert for the other plate and your wealth of knowledge that you shared today.
Fred's Dad, I've got your PM with your address and will get the plate in the post on Monday.
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Cheers Dave.

I will buy you a beer at Silverstone :cheers
JINXZ3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by JINXZ3 »

hi
can i also jump on this one, if any body has two spare of the smaller ones or point me in the direction of some body who has would be very greatful :)
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

JinxZ3, I've got 1 of the narrow blanks you can have.

Send me you address and i'll put it in the post,

Matt
JINXZ3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by JINXZ3 »

thanks your a gent sent pm i think its gone ok :wink:

One down One to go
MattO

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by MattO »

Jinxz3

Yep. All yours mate. Be in post tomorrow

Matt
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

JINXZ3 wrote:thanks your a gent sent pm i think its gone ok :wink:

One down One to go
I have a thin blanking plate if you still require it :?:
Send me your address and I'll put it in the post :D
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Dave L2 wrote:
freds dad wrote:Hi Dave as you can see from Roberts post I need another wide blank plate. If its still available can you let me know and we can arrange it.

Fred's Dad, I've got your PM with your address and will get the plate in the post on Monday.
Dave blanking plate arrived today. Thank you
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

freds dad wrote:
Dave L2 wrote:

Dave blanking plate arrived today. Thank you
No probelm. Glad it arrived safe.
JINXZ3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by JINXZ3 »

Fender2004 wrote:
JINXZ3 wrote:thanks your a gent sent pm i think its gone ok :wink:

One down One to go
I have a thin blanking plate if you still require it :?:
Send me your address and I'll put it in the post :D

sorry for the delay, the plate came many thanks :)

I just need to find two more of the slightly wider ones