SWINES!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Eastsix

Not specified

SWINES!

Post by Eastsix »

My Wife went out to the car this morning and there's a parking scrape on the corner of the front bumper, right on the indicator. Cant think when it might have happened, not with the way it was parked the last couple of days. Its one of those annoying ones where it would cost more to get it sorted than is really worthwhile paying.
Seriously, I've NEVER hit anyone EVER, (ESPECIALLY WHEN PARKING! hitting another car while parking at 2mph should mean automatic disqualification in my book) but if I did I would leave my details without a second thought. THIS is why I dont own a more expensive car in London - more scumbags on the road than you can shake a stick at.
So, anyone know any good value places in East London to deal with this? i might treat the old girl over winter and get a few dings sorted.
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
PCSAM

blank

Re: SWINES!

Post by PCSAM »

I feel your pain mate ......... I had the exact same thing happen to me on a day trip to the isle of Skye ... front left scrape .and decided its better to drive away (scum them all ) ..... ....why don't you try chips away .they are not that expensive for these sort of fixes .......
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

So annoying, I always find that I park zeddy as far away as possible in car parks from the store. A lot of people really don't care about cars and are just careless and then there are the spiteful ones who cause damage out of jealousy :(
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

I do the same and try to park away from the main lots of cars but last wek I parked at Tesco in Macclesfield with at least 5 empty spaces either side. On returning to the car someone has parked a Range Rover next to me despite all the other spaces still being empty!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I have bought one of those "CAR-CAMS". Hopefully it will allow me to claim from insurance and discourage the douche-bags that push their trolleys between cars. Fortunately the incidence of the vandalist / yobo is very rare here, and in 30 years, I have only seen it happen once to a mate's car. But that might have been an ex being nasty. I always do a quick walk around my car when I come out of the shops if there are cars next to mine, especially if the neighbouring car wasn't there when I arrived.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Eastsix wrote:So, anyone know any good value places in East London to deal with this? i might treat the old girl over winter and get a few dings sorted.
There's a couple of spray shops behind the White Horse in Flanders road, had the bonnet on my 2.8 done there when a neighbours child scratched it
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

I always park in the middle of nowhere st supermarkets, even trained the wife to. I live opposite a park though, when the sun is out or west ham are playing the road is rammed, and some people just cannot park. :head:
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....