Top quality customer service. Well, lack of...

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

So last weekend I replaced the wishbone rear bushes and discovered that the nearside inner wishbone balljoint was knackered. So, I decided to just replace both wishbones.

Ordered them from Euro Car Parts, 30% discount code, plus they now finally will deliver to an address other than the cardholder address. Delivered all fine on Friday, checked the part numbers etc, so started the job today.

Finally got the n/s wishbone off - had to get the grinder out to get the nut off the outer balljoint, but no big deal. So, went and got the wishbones out of the boot and a bit of confusion. This one? No, must be the other. Oh, hang on, back to the first. They're in sealed opaque plastic bags, so you can see what's what. Eventually realised that the confusion arises from the fact that although they have the correct part numbers on the outside, they are both actually o/s wishbones. Bugger!

So, a quick run to the nearest ECP to swap. Now, I don't have the invoice with me at this stage - that's still on my desk at work - but shouldn't be an issue. The wrong part is sealed in a bag, is visibly wrong, and has all the ECP stickers on etc, etc.

I explain to the chap behind the counter. "Which branch did you say you bought them from". "I had them delivered". "Oh, so you have an account?". "No, I ordered them online, and you delivered to me". "Do we do that?". At this point I suspect thing are going badly. Long and short, they decide the best course of action is not to offer me any help. Presumably as I've invented the notion of products being delivered, I'm running some kind of scam.

When I get home I call the Mail Order Helpline, and explain the problem. "The reason you have two the same, is that you've ordered two of the same part number". "No, haven't". "You have. Oh, hold on, I didn't have my glasses on". Again,I feel a sense of doom. We agree that I have, in fact, ordered correctly. "Just take the wrong one to the nearby store, and they'll swap it". "I just tried that, and they declined". "We could call the store and speak to the store manager". "The store closes in ten minutes. Can you just send a replacement". "It would be easier if you went to a store". "Not for me. I ordered these to be delivered, so please can you just deliver the correct part". "Well, our terms and conditions do state...". I hung up at this point. Actually, I kicked of at him and then hung up.

So, overall, I was somewhat underwhelmed by their desire to be even remotely helpful.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Formal written complaint to Internet sales, branch manager & MD I reckon. I hate this kind of fobbing off.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Top quality customer service. Well, lack of...

Post by Devon Z »

I've ordered two wish bones for my Volvo last week and wouldn't deliver to an address other than cardholder!! Paid for next day delivery, waited in all day didn't arrive, they did refund the shipping and they arrived the next day with the delivery guy telling me they did try to deliver and put a card in the door!!!
No you didn't!!!!

Anyway at least I got the right parts!
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Re: Top quality customer service. Well, lack of...

Post by chrisp_1 »

Also paid for a next day delivery last Thursday (£4) for a few service items, nowt arrived on Friday :head: .

I got a call a day later (Saturday) explaining they were awaiting for a part not in the warehouse and that it should be with them by the end of the day. Not too fussed :roll: I reminded him about the £4 charge and he refunded no problem. Better still I recieved 6 x £15 NGK plugs rather than the 6 x £10 Denso (obviously not in stock) ones I had ordered on the following Monday :D Not perfect but I'm not complaining :bounce:

Also got 8L of Castrol Edge FST for £52 - that can't be dismissed as an absolute bargain - hooray for the 30% off from me :sunny :cheers

Final thought being they must have been busy with that offer :lol: