Goodwood Festival of speed

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

Had two fantastic days at the festival, Saturday and Sunday and would highly recommend it to anyone who has not been yet. Such a brilliant atmosphere and the cars, both competition and road going were all fantastic. Its great to see the likes of Vettel , Hamilton and Button all enjoying themselves free from the constraints applied at GP venues- their doughnutting skills are excellent.

To top it all off, despite the inability to resist many a childish rooster tail in the mud of the car park (much to the delight of some German visitors in the car next to me..) I also had a fantastic drive home across the South Downs (South Harting way) in the sunshine. The roads around there are worthy of a 4am Sunday morning drive!

The only downside is I think it will need a days cleaning to get the mud off the Z..
Olly2012

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Olly2012 »

Agree re the early Sunday morning if it ever stops raining - notice I didn't say 4am!

I hear there are other car groups that drive through Sussex to arrive at the Goodwood race track for breakfast. Anyone know of any such event planned?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Goodwood Festival of speed

Post by Robert T »

Sounds like you had Cholmondeley weather. Any pics?

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

My Daughter took loads of pictures, mainly of Jenson Button though! I will ask her to load some when she gets home. The new Jag F type had its first public showing, albeit heavily disguised, along with the usual smattering of exotics such as Veyrons, Ferraris, Lambos etc but the road car of the show for me was an Alfa 8C- I have a soft spot for Alfas.

Olly- its called the Goodwood Breakfast club and anyone can attend, I believe although the they are usually themed, re marques or types of cars etc but you can go and watch and have breakfast for around £25 per person. They are held at various weekends throughout the year. I will enquire re dates etc and see if there could be one for BMWs if anyone is interested. I would definitely be.
Olly2012

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Olly2012 »

This is from Goodwood's website http://www.goodwood.co.uk/breakfast-clu ... c-oct.aspx
It's free to all and it's usually on the first Sunday of the month (except when they're running the festival of speed in June/July and the revival in September). So the next one is August. Then October. It's themed and October's is soft tops. The point of the theming is you can pre-register and may get selected to park up on the track whereas everyone else goes into the car park- then presumably looks around the cars parked on the track. Oh and you have breakfast of course!

I live about 15 miles to the west and will probably apply to pre register for the October one. Let me know if anyone else is planning on going.
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

Hi Olly- to save doubling up have a look at my thread under "Goodwood Breakfast club- anyone?". Two members have expressed an interest so far so maybe we could settle for the October event and hope for an Indian summer!

I will make enquiries about a club/multi booking and report back.

Cheers. Peter
Olly2012

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Olly2012 »

Thanks Peter. Agreed and sounds good.