Z3 Interior Light

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Z3 Interior Light

Post by lebigmec »

Yesterday evening I noticed that the bulb seemed to be blown on my interior light, so I got hold of a 5w Festoon bulb, as required, got a small flat screwdriver to gently prize off the clear cover, and CRACK!.. The damn clip inside the clear cover snapped off! ARRGH! :bawl:
I did replace the bulb though, so that now lights up as it should..
Just been on the phone to my local BMW dealer & they've told me that they will need to order one from Germany. It'll cost £8.77 plus VAT. Not too drastic, but it may take up to 10 days, & I wanted it before Z-Fest next weekend.. :head:
Oh well, if it doesn't come in time I may have to do some tricks with glue.
Just so that I know, & to save me from breaking the new one when it comes, is there a particular way that the cover should be removed or replaced? (yes, i know, carefully!)
Sailorbaz

M roadster S50

Re: Z3 Interior Light

Post by Sailorbaz »

Bit of a thread resurrection I know but I thought I'd add to a thread rather than creating another one.

You don't happen to have the part number for your new interior light unit do you? I'm been trawling REALOEM all afternoon and cannot for the lift of me find it. I've found footwell lights (which I didnt' think I have), boot lights, everything apart from interior light up by the mirror.

I didnt' think it was going to bother me not having one but using the car in the evenings now is a real PITA without one actually. Also have to replace a couple of lamps in the heater controls and the instrument cluster but that's easy compared to finding this part online, lol

Cheers in advance,
Barry
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian4 »

Here's the realoem page. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=63&fg=30

Any car accessory shop will have the bulb but take the old one out to compare as there are 2 or 3 sizes of these bulbs.

unit part number 63311383055
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Hey Baz, you could try going all modern and fitting an LED type interior light bulb, I have, and on these dark nights the light output is much better than the old one. Just an Idea?

Tony :) .
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Re the LED light suggestion I did the same and made a world of difference. Goes well with the LED footwell lighting as well.
Sailorbaz

M roadster S50

Post by Sailorbaz »

Many thanks for the part numbers guys, I'll get the lamp up and running first before going LED. I have the full LED kit in the CSL and it does indeed make some difference. Especially the boot ones.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Check out little feller for led lighting for footwells and boot - a great cheap mod
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

I did my footwell strip LED lighting at $2 each side. I changed the Festoon interior light for an LED one which is very crisp and bright and uses a fraction of the power and no heat! :)
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

I don't bother with the festoon light, the foot well lights are enough, or the glove box light works great too.