Workshop manuals

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Mick

Z3 roadster 2.0

Workshop manuals

Post by Mick »

Hi there new to the forum as I have just purchased a Z3 roadster 2.0l year 2000. It needs a bit of work doing to it to bring it up to top condition and I wondered as there is a lot of experience here if anybody had comments on which workshop manual would be best. I have always previously used haynes but you boys might know of something better for the zed :roll:
Westfield

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Workshop manuals

Post by Westfield »

Hi, Haynes don't do a manual for the Z3. I have the Bentley one which serves for what I need, just a bit expensive though. :)
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

There are some online manuals - one is the BMW TIS click the link below and then select your variant of car, the Zeds are at the bottom of the list and are grouped by engine model.

BMW TIS
Gary-D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Gary-D »

just seen a used Bentley manual go for £53 + £10 delivery on ebay I think they go for about £66 new delivered on Amazon. lots of different opinions on the Bentley manual, some call it a bible others say different, all depends what level of maintenance you are planning on your car.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I have TIS, Chilton, Haynes (US edition) and Bentley.

I use TIS until I need to test something (TIS only shows how to replace components, but not how to test them). Chilton is good for testing as it gives component resistances, etc.

I have never used the Bentley (it was too cheap to resist :wink:) and rarely use the Haynes.

All manuals assume that you have core mechanicking skills.
Pingu
Mick

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Mick »

Thanks for the replies lads I will have to do a bit of research now I know which direction to look. I am sure I will be back on the board soon as I find things that need doing. Cheers Mick :D