What did you buy your Z3 this week ?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: What did you buy your Z3 this week ?

Post by Rafolian »

Just received my Hamann anodised Ali foot pedals today (less than a week from Japan to Spain via fleabay!).
Lovely looking piece of kit for 78 quid with free postage! Just going out to fit them now.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Pics in the studio please! Did you got footrest too? Are these genuine parts?
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

As far as I know they are genuine. No footrest, only the 3 pedals and sorry have tried, but unable to upload pics for some reason!
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

Have just tried again, to be infomed (the board attachment quota has been reached ) and before that (the attachment is too big)! I give up!!!
Mac The Tank

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mac The Tank »

try https://imgur.com/ and use the {IMG} tags.
Mac
Topaz Blue 2.2i Y2001 - only 16045 miles on the clock! (2011)
Update 04/14 - 18,702 miles
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Rafolian wrote:Have just tried again, to be infomed (the board attachment quota has been reached ) and before that (the attachment is too big)! I give up!!!
You need to read the instructions in this thread: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7658
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

2 x widebody rear 1/4 panels + 2 x sills + 2 x wheel arches + 2 x rear shocks + 2 x boot hinges + 2 x OEM clear lens tail lights ........ cost.....£.0.00.... :D But I had to remove them from the carcass myself.... :lol:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Southernboy wrote:2 x widebody rear 1/4 panels + 2 x sills + 2 x wheel arches + 2 x rear shocks + 2 x boot hinges + 2 x OEM clear lens tail lights ........ cost.....£.0.00.... :D But I had to remove them from the carcass myself.... :lol:
I thought you had a facelift? Or are you putting a pre-facelift rear end on?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

... yep... gathering parts and prepping them.. :wink:
I quite like the facelift, but prefer the pre-facelift... I'll keep all the OEM parts and refit them if I sell the car...
"Normal is overrated"

BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Southernboy wrote:... yep... gathering parts and prepping them.. :wink:
I quite like the facelift, but prefer the pre-facelift... I'll keep all the OEM parts and refit them if I sell the car...
Have you checked on Realoem to make sure that the panels that make up the back of the frame of the car (ie, where the panels bolt to) are the same? I have a vague idea that pre & post facelift cars are different under the skin at the back and that the panels don't just bolt up.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I'll check... thanks. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I just checked.... the 2.8 widebody rear fender is specified on realoem to fit the 3.0 Z3 too :D
"Normal is overrated"

BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

That's good news. It was this post that I was remembering: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... t-facelift
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Thanks Blades.......I think I'm off to see a company called SPORTECH CARS here tomorrow... I have the prefaclift fenders... they can figure it out to accomodate bumper / tail lights etc etc...
Personally I think I'll ask them to work their magic on the oem facelift fenders and re-model them to the same curves etc as per the pre-facelift samples I give them to work from... then I'll sell the pre-facelift fenders... that way I can have a pre-facelift widebody look with facelift boot and tail lights..... much simpler than chopping up the body etc etc... and I can find a couple of facelift fenders to keep as spare if I want to restore the car to OEM body later.... :D it'll be a whole facelift look to the pre-facelift look... or whatever... :roflmao:
"Normal is overrated"

bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Southernboy wrote:... yep... gathering parts and prepping them.. :wink:
heathen :wink:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Getting a Toneau cover off E bay, must have bid on a dozen of these finally bagged one.

Promised the other half yet again, no more spending :wink:
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

You're gonna get yourself in bother Paul! :D

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Cost me a new bathroom suite :)
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Ouch lol! :)

ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi to you all out there. WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started off by getting 4 new Maxxis Victra 225/50 x 16 ZR MA Z1 directional tyres fitted and it was pointed out that I had a weeping shocker.
Two days later a new front OS shock absorber was replaced under warranty from the dealer that I bought the car from,I paid for the other :- a total transformation.
The car came with legal and decent branded tyres but not all matched,I don't do not matched especially on each axle.
The car is both quieter and goes where it is aimed.
Next came a complete Renovo Hood Renovation Kit in preparation for a good weekend weather forecast. Prevention is better than cure.
My next purchase is going to be a FS alloy wheel as a back-up instead of possibly running around on the doughnut over a weekend.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

I've had the dreaded 'Bonnet Wont Open' scenario. So now she's got two new bonnet cables and latches.
blueface

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by blueface »

Also bought the leather restoration kit that a couple of others have used, from Furniture clinic.

My car has a cream/beige interior that looks pretty dated so will be progressively painting parts of it black to leave it black and cream.

Spent all yesterday stripping back the beige seats and re colouring them black. Seems to work well and the instructions were great. Medium kit for 55 pounds plus 12 postage to N.Ireland. Didn't use the supplied airbrush and propellant cans as i have a mini hvlp gun and compressor.

Some pics of interior trim and then a pic of a finished seat. Time will tell how hard wearing it will be but other users seem happy with it so I'm sure mine will be grand too.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94929867@N07/14293880637

https://flic.kr/p/nM66Eh

https://flic.kr/p/nM5Pk5
blueface

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by blueface »

Just got word that this is being sent my direction at the end of the week.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tribute-Autom ... 1211334733

Just before I go and hide behind the sofa to avoid flak - I have seen this in the flesh and just liked the look of it. The proportions work really well. I will not be putting Cobra badges on it and pretending its anything like a true Cobra. :nono I just like the shape!! :) Unserstand it wont be to everyones taste (especially on a Z3 forum!)

I've had a couple of kit cars in the past and restored a Beetle Cabrio a couple of years ago over 18 months, but was on the lookout for a more straightforward project and this fitted the bill nicely. Body panels bolt on in place of the Z3 ones and it retains the Z3 doors.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I really want to see this Cobra conversion,
The AC Cobra is my lottery win car,
one thing I would like to improve on this version is side pipes

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

blueface wrote:Also bought the leather restoration kit that a couple of others have used, from Furniture clinic.

My car has a cream/beige interior that looks pretty dated so will be progressively painting parts of it black to leave it black and cream.

Spent all yesterday stripping back the beige seats and re colouring them black. Seems to work well and the instructions were great. Medium kit for 55 pounds plus 12 postage to N.Ireland. Didn't use the supplied airbrush and propellant cans as i have a mini hvlp gun and compressor.

Some pics of interior trim and then a pic of a finished seat. Time will tell how hard wearing it will be but other users seem happy with it so I'm sure mine will be grand too.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94929867@N07/14293880637

https://flic.kr/p/nM66Eh

https://flic.kr/p/nM5Pk5
Nice job on the seats but looking at the rest of your pics are you responsible for the pics of the girls? I like the one in the forest with the smoke effect.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

blueface wrote:Just got word that this is being sent my direction at the end of the week.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tribute-Autom ... 1211334733

Just before I go and hide behind the sofa to avoid flak - I have seen this in the flesh and just liked the look of it. The proportions work really well. I will not be putting Cobra badges on it and pretending its anything like a true Cobra. :nono I just like the shape!! :) Unserstand it wont be to everyones taste (especially on a Z3 forum!)

I've had a couple of kit cars in the past and restored a Beetle Cabrio a couple of years ago over 18 months, but was on the lookout for a more straightforward project and this fitted the bill nicely. Body panels bolt on in place of the Z3 ones and it retains the Z3 doors.
Hi blueface. Well spotted. Now I find this Kobra-BMW-Z3 very interesting indeed. The reason being that ever since I clamped eyes on my very first Z3 a very very long time back I always imagined it as a scaled down version of my all-time favourite amongst roadsters - The Carroll Shelby 427 Cobra.
Pals of mine used to snigger and say it is nothing like it, but they were of little vision.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
blueface

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by blueface »

Althulas wrote:
Nice job on the seats but looking at the rest of your pics are you responsible for the pics of the girls? I like the one in the forest with the smoke effect.
Yeah, I do some portraiture in my spare time. That shoot was one of my recent favourites. Just playing around with ideas that week and added the mist just to see how it turned out. You'll find me on Facebook under affordable fotos portraiture or else at http://www.affordablefotos.com if you want a nosey at some more stuff.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Well its been debated as to whether or not this counts but for the M:
12 months Tax
12 months MOT

... with zero advisories !!! whoop whoop - even my A5 had advisories !! :D :D :D :D
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

First and foremost this week I bought an upper brake light from Andy ( spurs fan in a coupe ) as mine had started to loose some of the led's. Fitted it today and were back to a full row. So many thanks to Andy.
Also an led for the interior light which I find gives a nice crisp and modern looking light to the car's interior after dark.

Waiting for my next toy, a dash cam to play around with. Yes I know, boys and their toys!!

Should be here for weekend playtime. :D
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Hi Tony.

Where did you get your led please. Is it a halfords purchase
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Hey John the interior light led is from ebay. Check out number 141315827065. They're not cheap but are a quality item.
Cheers Tony. :)
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Thanks and will do
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Whilst I have had the dash out of my 2.0l I replaced all the heater, ashtray, light icon bulbs etc with small LED ones. They are available on ebay and come in bags of 10 for not a lot of money. The one thing I will say about them is that the don't immediately fit in the Z3 bulb holders as they are too thin. The way to resolve this is to offer the bulb into the holder to ensure you have them the right way round (LED lamps only work one way) and then I put a small slither of solder on the terminals of the bulb the related to the the connection they pushed into. This small slither ensures the bulbs are now thick enough to fit the OEM holders and means that they are unlikely to go in the next 5-10 years.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Not bought anything this month, just dropped the car of for its MOT

Doing the pacing up and down like an expectant father (Nerve racking) :!:
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Some harly carnauba wax! Will be testing Saturday. :)

gIzzE

Not specified

Post by gIzzE »

Put new shocks, springs, top mounts and roll bar bushes and links on the rear last night.

Monday will get the fronts done.
Nad

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by Nad »

Two new rear brake discs and brake pads plus a new steering wheel leather cover. :lol:
Nad
phil.a

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by phil.a »

hi brought original z3 hoop and all the panels brackets to make it factory fit, then brought some s/steel hoops sold the black hoops and it only cost me £220 all in bargain :lol:
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Bowler wrote:Not bought anything this month, just dropped the car of for its MOT

Doing the pacing up and down like an ex,pectant father (Nerve racking) :!:
Car initially failed due to emission. top work from my local garage full petrol injector clean and a blast up the road now a pass.

£26 plus MOT

Top work
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

New "city" floor mats, installed braided brake lines and powerflex bushes on the rear, changed gearbox oil.
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

New BMW OEM mats, expensive for what they are, but life's luxuries don't come cheap. :D
Present : Grey Z4 2.5 conv
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
692DPG

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 692DPG »

Fitted 4 new Uniroyal Rainsport 3s to my AC Schnitzer Type IIs and fitted then to the car - has improved the look and handling.
1997 (R) BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - weekender
Hell Red/Imola Red/Black Z3M leather - 2 door, manual
2005 (55) Porsche 997 C4S 3.8 - man-o-porsche
Arctic Silver/Black leather - 2 door, manual
2017 (67) BMW M140i - daily
White/Black leather - 3 door, manual
pgunter66

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by pgunter66 »

Well my little baby is getting a full axle and suspension polyflex overhaul. Still trying to get the deep road rash chips sorted with the chipex kit. Any ideas on how to treat really deep ones much appreciated.

Any people close to Winchester fancy a chat over a coffee ?
gIzzE

Not specified

Post by gIzzE »

Spent the morning putting new shocks, springs, bump stops, spring pads and top mounts on today.
Went oem rather than firming it up and glad I did, feels great.

Would have liked a slight drop but don't like Zeds that are too firm on the road as you can't press on, and I don't track it.
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

Brandy got new shoes all around [Pirelli] and she is in the paint shop getting a cut and wax along with all the small scratches filled in. She'll be back on the street hustling tomorrow I think. :)
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Rare AC Schnitzer carbon fiber steering wheel :)
gas guzzler

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gas guzzler »

Besides 6 months road tax, 2x Falken 914 225x50x16 (£181 for the pair), don't know it's my imagination but the car seems a lot smoother and quieter, but then after reading one of the threads on this forum about using super unleaded I've started using that as well so the combination of both has definitely made a difference.
Andy

1999 Z3 2.8 RED, back with me
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

gas guzzler wrote:Besides 6 months road tax, 2x Falken 914 225x50x16 (£181 for the pair), don't know it's my imagination but the car seems a lot smoother and quieter, but then after reading one of the threads on this forum about using super unleaded I've started using that as well so the combination of both has definitely made a difference.
100% agree had the same experience with the Falkens. Also felt a difference with super unleaded, but also avoiding super market fuel
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

I run on falkens all round and run on shell 98 and the car appears very happy, so won't be changing either anytime soon! :)

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

New OEM vanos oil feed pipe (£.36), OEM rubber boot between the MAF and the throttle body(£.18) 2 clear side indicator covers with silvered bulbs(£.15) and a full underbody and engine wash (£.4). 2 silvered bulbs for the headlight indicators.(£3)
"Normal is overrated"