19 inch alloys...now needs to be lowered

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
gray2703

Z3 roadster 2.8

19 inch alloys...now needs to be lowered

Post by gray2703 »

Nearly and year of owning my 1997 Z3 2.8...absolutely love it....so easy to get hooked. Spending the last few months getting her clean and tidy after years of slight neglect...new exhaust, new rims (love them) and general niggles put right (missing badges , cracked lens etc)

Xmas is coming so time to buy her a present :) list is getting longer...new discs and pad and paint calipers, new hood later next year and looking to get my beige leather interior updated and recovered :) oh and perhaps upgrade the bushes!

1st......Time to drop the stance of my little ol' 2.8.....too much air between top of the 19's and bodywork me thinks

Can I just do the springs with existing shocks or is it best to change both?

I reckon on a drop of 30mm :)..Any advice appreciated......also next on the list a b*****y good clean and polish :D

from the back:

and from the side:

and one more :)

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: 19 inch alloys...now needs to be lowered

Post by Southernboy »

Just yesterday I have fitted Eibach Sportline springs with OEM shocks. My reasoning was simply that I wanted a lower stance without losing the comfort. I think stiffer shocks would make the ride uncomfortably hard. The drop with the Eibach's is 30mm, yet still allows fair clearance. Hope this helps you.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Slightly off topic, but I like your rear spoiler.

Is it factory fitted?

Regards

Peter
huntert

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by huntert »

Do you think 20`s would look ok? (im thinking of getting some fitted.)
gray2703

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gray2703 »

Thanks for the response....

TR4Man - The spoiler is the BMW OEM one, looks good, wasn't sure when first got the car to remove for the original look..but now I have the new rims backs it look OK and individual...also had the AC Schnitzer lower splitter fitted when purchased the car so added bonus as finishes off the new exhaust.

Huntert - I think 19's is as big as I would go on this little car, some people think this is excessive and stop at 18's, but when I was buying the price of these rims was too good to miss with 4 brand new tyres :)

I think B12's looks the way to go as not sure what age the current shocks are. Southernboy, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your current project (especially the interior :))