How do I know my car's trim colour?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

How do I know my car's trim colour?

Post by TR4man »

I've noticed that someone on Ebay is supplying a leather repair kit which is supplied to the correct shade for your car. I want to cover some slight wear on the driver's seat bolster.

Can anyone advise me how to find out what colour leather my car has? Is it on the VIN plate (if it is, I can't see it)

Or can anyone advise me by looking at this photo?

Regards

Peter
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: How do I know my car's trim colour?

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Give the VIN to any dealer and ask for a specification print out.

Ther is a website which also does this - I think.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
mfckeith

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by mfckeith »

Just go to this website and it gives you all the details you require,paint colours,trim colours etc etc. users.belgacom.net/bmw_z3/bmw_z3_specifications.htm :)
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by colb »

Pucker BMW site you can access for details of your build spec.

Link: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/access ... logue.html

After following the link click on "Electronic parts catalog" in the lower right of the screen. (you will need to have pop-up enabled)

Identification: eu111111
Password: bmwetk1

Enter the last 7 digits of you VIN into the text box, and click the forward button. Next click on "options" in the grey header at the top of the screen.

A new window will open listing the option packages your car came with from the factory. You can also click the "+" above options labeled Vehicle Information to see the basic build info as well.

Colb
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

I always buy leather dye direct from the factory rather than ebay.

Give these guys a ring when you get the trim colour code, they are very helpful and reliable. No doubt its already been mixed up from another customers sample - otherwise you tend to send a head-rest etc and they can match your exact shade (due to weathering).

http://www.liquidleather.com/scuffs.htm

You need to make sure the seats are grease free by wiping with meths to start off, then simply apply the colour matched dye with a small sponge (supplied in their kit). I find mixing 3 parts dye with 1 water and doing a few coats far easier and blends much better. Once you've done the scuffs allow to dry and then mix dye 1/2 and half with water and colour wash the whole panel/seat and wipe off within 5 mins with a damp cloth. I'm always very careful but never been disappointed with the results.

Oh, take the seats out the car to do this job!
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

The following site might help

http://users.belgacom.net/bmw_z3/
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

looks like Beige to me.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I'm with chrisp_1 - Liquid Leather is great. They make up the dye to match your leather, so you'll get a perfect match. Don't mess around with a kit from ebay.