Anyone been out in a Z this year

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Anyone been out in a Z this year

Post by John Wilson »

Its now a tradition we take the Z3 out to the coast on new years day. We went to Dunwich (absolutely heaving with people) and Walberswick- both on the Suffolk coast. We had the top down absorbing the sunshine, with the heater on maximum. The pub at Walberswick was doing a bbq out front so we had to partake.
I was just wondering if any other un-sorned zs were out there braving the salt and remains of the floods.
John
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Anyone been out in a Z this year

Post by TitanTim »

Yepp, gave the zed a waxing and a drive out to get some milk :lol:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I had every intention to take the zed out today, for the first time in probably six or eight weeks. Unfortunately the road I live on was closed due to an accident, so I just washed it instead!!
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

TitanTim wrote:Yepp, gave the zed a waxing and a drive out to get some milk :lol:

Tim.
Steady Tim steady

The 'BEAST' 666
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Drove home from a New Year party in Leeds in mine. Lovely sunshine in Yorkshire, but it soon turned to sleet. :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
corky

M roadster S50

Post by corky »

Nice to get the z's pj's off today and then stretch it's legs out for a decent run
Mike

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike »

Drove from La Gacilly to Vannes along the coast in the sn this morning. Roof down. Great especially with a seafood platter for lunch.
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Yes another Zedder here taking advantage of clear blue skies and lovely sunshine, roof down too, perfect. :drive

I wonder how many weeks it will be before we get clear blue skies and unbroken sunshine.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Ragtop wrote:Yes another Zedder here taking advantage of clear blue skies and lovely sunshine, roof down too, perfect. :drive

I wonder how many weeks it will be before we get clear blue skies and unbroken sunshine.
Today was 2013s summer, it's downhill from now on :head:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geordie90 »

Well last night i was out in the zed, if anyone knows northumberland, we went to bamburgh, sat in car park next to dunstanburgh castle at 1130pm with roof down, heating on, picnic basket, bucks fizz and saw the new year in..........very romantic
Didnt think it was going to happen on the 30th as the alternator belt had been replaced but the zed had broken down.....whilst sitting waiting for the AA i had a brief discussion with it, and told it how dissappointed i was with it and after all the work i had done to it, strangely the man from AA came, the zed started, spluttered, then started to run normally......spooky.
After this incident i decided i was going to name the zed, i was going to call it zena, but my partner wasnt happy as it was a female name so we settled on Albert.
So for 2013 the Zed is now Albert.

Happy new year all
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

i went out to look at it in the garage tonight.

sat in it.

does that count! :D

The 'BEAST' 666
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geordie90 »

did u start it up??
if not no lol

Craig
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

geordie90 wrote:did u start it up??
if not no lol

Craig
no :( :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geordie90 »

i did 128 miles on new years eve into new years day lol, it was very romantic and i was the one that thought of it too!!!!!!!!!
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

Craig's story is really inspiring for the new year. Having to chat with the z to make it realise the importance of the job it has to perform, and Albert finally realising and spluttering into life so that the whole romantic gesture can take place. You've also got the slight conflict of relationships with your partner not wanting to name the car with a girl's name. And , of course, the whole event takes place around the best piece of coastline in the country. All you need is a soundtrack over the top of some girl singing and playing the piano at grade 2 level, and you've got the next John Lewis christmas advert.
The zs become more than just a lump of metal. Titan Tim is again talking about selling his z3. He couldn't do it last year and I can't see him doing it this year. The emotional ties are too strong.
John
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

130km drive....roof down....out on the "country back roads"...180kph + on some stretches....heaps of fun, great weather (26 +.C) and today I have tan lines on my arms and legs from the shorts and T shirt I was wearing...got back around lunchtime, wiped the squished butterfly juices off the bonnet and windscreen, dusted the wheels of brakedust, and watched a re-run of the 2006 SA vs Aus 50 over game at the Wanderers in Johannesburg, where Aus scored 434 runs, (a world record) and SA then scored 438 with one ball left!!!
Sadly, I'm back at my desk today, tidying up and preparing for the new year's work...but, I have to pop out to the bank and do a couple of other chores later..... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

John Wilson wrote:Craig's story is really inspiring for the new year. Having to chat with the z to make it realise the importance of the job it has to perform, and Albert finally realising and spluttering into life so that the whole romantic gesture can take place. You've also got the slight conflict of relationships with your partner not wanting to name the car with a girl's name. And , of course, the whole event takes place around the best piece of coastline in the country. All you need is a soundtrack over the top of some girl singing and playing the piano at grade 2 level, and you've got the next John Lewis christmas advert.
The zs become more than just a lump of metal. Titan Tim is again talking about selling his z3. He couldn't do it last year and I can't see him doing it this year. The emotional ties are too strong.
John
nice write up.

I think Tim will sell this year. He only does a few miles in it a year.

If he does, it will be a great car to buy.

:)

The 'BEAST' 666
leemingz3

blank

Post by leemingz3 »

Sorry about this guys :) -----Drove to the golf course overlooking the Swan river at 6am, 27deg sunny,drove back home about midday 36deg.The top probably won`t go up for the next 3 months. 8-)
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

^^^^ Boo :cry:

only kidding, would love to able to do this.
knoxvillain

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by knoxvillain »

Was out in it yesterday with roof down, heater on full :)
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Was out in it today, commuting to and from work.

Will do the best part of 300 miles before the weekend :)

Regards

Peter
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

leemingz3 wrote:Sorry about this guys :) -----Drove to the golf course overlooking the Swan river at 6am, 27deg sunny,drove back home about midday 36deg.The top probably won`t go up for the next 3 months. 8-)
My brother has just emigrated to Perth,loving it, his youngest already sounds like an Aussie.
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geordie90 »

I am starting to get seriously spooked with my zed, albert.

I bought the bushes for the seats from here and decided to change all eight of them on both drivers and passenger seats, all went well on drivers seat no problems, swapped passenger over and for some reason motor just wouldnt work. Ended up going to work into garage to try and fettle, I had the seat in then out then in then out then in then out again, still wouldnt work....... until i told albert he shouldnt be so ungratefull and all the work im doing is for his benefit.....low and behold refitted seat and it bloody worked......, this on top of the breakdown on the 30th where i berated the car for not starting and it did is starting to make me think albert is related to christine....those old enough will know who christine was.....

Spooky or wat!!!!!! :shock:
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by helmik »

Our Z gets used almost every day. Sadly though it has the hard top on so no roof down at the moment. I also need to replace the rear window when the hard top comes off as i know it is cracked.
the Z is the wifes car, she only works a mile or so away, on the one icy day we had she wanted to use my Saab instead!!! I took the Z and had great fun playing on the slippy roads.

Mick
smc2402

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by smc2402 »

In mine this morning, so much nicer to drive than my little Fiat 500 everyday. Noted that the rear window isn't in the best of condition, and that'll be my next job, maybe April time. Loving the heated seats and the full on heat of the heater, had the roof down briefly at lunchtime, always feel a bit of a poser in this weather though ...
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I've done about 500 miles so far. It's fun when other spirited drivers try it on in their rep-mobiles. They soon get the message :D

The car is looking "used"at the moment :oops:.
Pingu
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

pingu wrote:I've done about 500 miles so far.
Ah ha.

Is this a challenger to my "do I drive the most miles per yer in a Zed?" :lol:

Regards

Peter
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

No point keeping your toys in the cupboard :D .
Pingu
Z3andZ4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Z3andZ4 »

Took the Z4MC out NYE/NYD for the first time in 6-8 weeks.

Torrential rain on NYE driving down from Cambs to Surrey.

On NYD on the drive home I noticed a 9" crack on the windscreen. The chip was 3" above the passenger side windscreen wiper and the crack just grew slowly on the way home. :head:

So will be entering into negotiation with Admiral/Autoglass soon as they will want to put in a rubbish non-OEM windscreen and I will only accept a full BMW replacement!!

Still it was lovely to get into the Z4MC after slumming it in the Z3!! :)

Hey ho..................
2001 Z3 3 litre Sport Roadster - titanium and special
2006 Z4M coupe - Interlagos and red
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q62 ... huiwqu.jpg
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Z3andZ4 wrote:Took the Z4MC out NYE/NYD for the first time in 6-8 weeks.

Torrential rain on NYE driving down from Cambs to Surrey.

On NYD on the drive home I noticed a 9" crack on the windscreen. The chip was 3" above the passenger side windscreen wiper and the crack just grew slowly on the way home. :head:

So will be entering into negotiation with Admiral/Autoglass soon as they will want to put in a rubbish non-OEM windscreen and I will only accept a full BMW replacement!!

Still it was lovely to get into the Z4MC after slumming it in the Z3!! :)

Hey ho..................
Hang on... I think I followed you home New Year's Day!!!!

Was in our blue polo :D

Your z4m had no M badge right?
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Here u go.. Thought I took a pic..

Was that u on A1 ?

Remember over taking few times having a good look but you kept re taking us! Haha.. That pesky polo :D
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Went to Leeds for lunch in the M on New Years Day, 110 miles of pleasure for me and the little lad (taking full advantage on the Mrs being at work).

Went to Manchester in the week before Christmas, 220 miles.

Had a 50 mile blast round the NY Moors week before that again with the little'un.

I've probably done more miles in it over last few weeks than I did this summer :shock: