Parts advie

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
PORTMYSTER

Z3 roadster 2.8

Parts advie

Post by PORTMYSTER »

Hi All,

MOT time close and I have some advisory notes to correct if the car is to pass. Firstly the airbag light is on! has been on fr a few years but could anyone point me out what part is needed and where to get it? Second the traction&abs light on (this im sure is new sensors needed to the rear) again where can i get these parts.

Regards and happy new year

Richard
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Parts advie

Post by Gazza »

The airbag light can be reset with a tool.

Rear sensors are available from Ebay, you can use ones for an E36 although the lead is longer.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
bowei001

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by bowei001 »

Have you had the airbag light reset and has it come on again? If you have not had it reset it might be worth checking the electrical connections under the seat for tightness and then getting a reset to see whether the light stays off or come on again. Last time, after my MoT, my light came on - the tester is taller than I am and he moved the seat all the way back when he left the car and this disturbed the plug under the seat and triggered the light the next time I used the car. I contact cleaned the plug & socket, pushed them together firmly and reset the light and out it went. Might be worth a look.
PORTMYSTER

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by PORTMYSTER »

Yep a little while ago I had the sensor for the abs reset. This was okay for a while but came back on in a couple of weeks and the abs had its sensors cleaned which worked until a very dirty car run.

So if I try to clean the connections for the air bag lights on both seats and try the cleaning trick for the abs sensors. If the seat sensors do not clean up what are the cost for a new part and where to order parts ect.

Richard
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

My airbag light was a problem until I raised my passenger seat to full height, and it made it easier for Mrs Bonzo to get in and out.

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
wildeboy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by wildeboy »

Hi,

Once the airbag light is on it will stay on even if you fix the fault, you will need a reset tool to clear the light. You can also read a fault code which helps work out what is actually wrong!

Message me if you want to borrow mine, I am not far from you.
1997 Z3 2.8 in Montreal Blue, only 130k on the clock!
OEM Roll Hoops
M50B25 Inlet manifold
BMC CDA Induction kit
Beige roof