wheel spacers

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Eastsix

Not specified

wheel spacers

Post by Eastsix »

Im thinking about spacers to push my rear wheels out a couple of cms to fill the rear arches - can anyone recommend a brand/type? Id hate to get a rubbish set and see a wheel fly off on the motorway...
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: wheel spacers

Post by Southernboy »

whatever the brand, they must be "hubcentric" This means they have a central "lip" which fits inside the wheel rim center as does the wheel hub. If it's one of those that don't have the lip, then don't get it. Also, make sure you get them with bolts, and specific for the Z3.
You will lose the use of the anti-theft bolt however.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

It depends how far out you want to push them, 10mm and above then get hubcentric ones. Anything below you should get away with universal ones as you won't be able to get below 10mm in hubcentric.

For my winter wheels I have 5mm on the front and you can get away with using the standard bolts, although I went with slightly longer ones to be safe but left the standard locking bolt in them as these do not need to be as tight as normal bolts. The rears I use 15mm hubcentric with longer bolts.

Check the centre bore and PCD match up with a Z3 and then go for whatever size you like but get bolts to match. Longer locking bolts are also available in many sizes.

What size wheels do you have and what is the offsets? You can measure from the edge of the arch down to the tyre to see how much of a gap you have and this will give you an idea of what size spacers you can get in.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

thanks for the replies - I haven't measured yet, just had a quick look on ebay and saw there are different types - some bolt straight through for example, where others bolt to the hubs and the wheels bolt to the spacer, which seems unnecessarily complicated. I reckon its 20mm, no more. Any brands recommended?
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

H&R. The best quality, but not cheap. Watch out on the measurements. Some advertise a set of 5mm spacers as a 10mm spacer or widens the track by 10mm.

Defo go hub centric H&R part for 10mm ones is HR-2075725
2001 M roadster S54 Laguna Seca Blue
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

TPI are as good quality as the premium brands at mid range prices. The bolt length should be 26.4mm plus the width of the spacer but make sure you get z3 fitment. Tpi do kits with bolts
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster