rear shock bolts

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

rear shock bolts

Post by martyb »

Hey guys after an easy first fitting of a new rear shock and mount came the nasty bit...

seized shock to axle bolt! :head:

after much time of trying to get it shifting it never worked out. So tomorrow im gonna have to try n get a local mechanic to heat it and manage to get it out although iv got the feeling its been rounded due to trying to get it off today.

the thing is i cant seem to find replacement bolts?

im really doing my head in with this so if you can reccomend a site with the parts please let me know!
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: rear shock bolts

Post by martyb »

i found the oem catalogue for america and when searching through the parts to the diagram and getting the right one in particular... it simply says hex bolt?

am i overthinking this by thinking that a regular hex bolt from bnq etc would not be able to withstand the pressure or would that be right enough?
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Marty,

Part 2 below. Part Number 07 11 9 903 156

Image Single components for rear spring strut - BMW parts catalog

Coopers BMW are showing this as £7.91 - Click here. Your local dealer will be able to get this next day.
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

thanks very much brian you are a saviour!

:D
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

No problem, if you are going to your dealer give them your reg number and let them pull up the part number, this way if it is wrong they will exchange it FOC.
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

Theres a local dealer in hamilton and im sure they have a parts department ill try and get a hold of them tomorrow morning.

Have you had any experience with them how long do they tend to take sourcing parts?

There is also masterparts in bellshill which im hoping might have it or be able to get me it same day... fingers crossed! :|
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

rear shock bolts

Post by Brian H »

BMW parts are usually very good, if they are not a stocked item in the dealer they will request them and this is usually next day. More unusual parts sometimes have to come from Germany this of course takes a little longer. I have no direct experience with either hamilton or bellshill I am afraid.
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

18mm socket. Should be replaced each time it is removed, so BMW tend to stock them. They have been known to fail so worth changing. Search for a thread by Brynt.
2001 M roadster S54 Laguna Seca Blue
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

thanks guys for the responses theyre all done and running smooth.

Such a great improvement feel much more grounded ohh an no squeak!! :D