CAN I FIT ROLL HOOPS?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

CAN I FIT ROLL HOOPS?

Post by John1950 »

I have a June '99 2.8. It has holes fitted for a windbreak at 75cm but no sign of break out bits on the pillars for the fitting of roll hoops.
Does anyone know what I'd need to do to get them fitted - or will it be a case of changing everything behind the seats, in which case I won't bother?

Thanks lads
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: CAN I FIT ROLL HOOPS?

Post by Robert T »

Yes you can fit rollhoops to any Z3 from 01/97 on. Full details of what is involved are given in the knowledgebase http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3439

Cheers R.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Tapatalk 2
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
geordie90

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geordie90 »

John 1950 its a fairly straight forward swap, bit time consuming and actually easier if you strip it out yourself from donor car. You will need all the trim from the donor vehicle and the roll bar posts underneath the trim. You need torx head T40 and T25 or T27 I think, most socket sets have the appropriatte ones in already.
Be careful not to damage any of the plastics, take your time and its a great sense of achievement when its completed.
When taking them from donor vehicle keep roof down and likwise when refitting.
I personally think the Zed loks better with roll bars fitted but you wont be able to use the wind deflector that you have for non roll hoop models and you do need a deflector or driving with the roof down is a pain.

Any probs let me know and i'll try and help as i did mine just before xmas

Craig
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

John it is a great mod, as geordie says you get a great sense of achievement once completed. The trick is to find the whole kit of parts.
johnjo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by johnjo »

John
I am in Andover not far from you I have a Zed I am about to break It has all the bits you need.Yoou can come and strip it down. I usually get around £300 for everything you need
Let me know