Hamann hardtops...

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Re: Hamann hardtops...

Post by Jonttt »

So you lot have finally hit on the holy grail of Z3 accessories then :D

I missed out on the carbon fibre one which sold for c3000euro I think directly from Hamann in germany's website (worth checking thier website as they had some hamann Z3 accessories in the recuced section last year eg foglights for none ///M's). At the time I had only just got into Z3's and did not realise how rare these are or believe me it would have been mine.

I and a few other select members on here in the know have been on the lookout for one of these second hand across europe for over 4 years (and I check almost every day, well my little helpers do ;-) They simply never come onto the second hand market.

I should confirm there are two types - none rollhopp and rollhoop. As implied above the none rollhoop one is nothing special but the rollhoop version is the nuts IMHO.

For info there are usually none rollhopp version for sale from a guy in holland via ebay:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/BMW-Z3-HAMANN-ha ... 1c30eaaa5d

A few pics of the none rollhoop underside and conenction kit below for reference. I have never seen a rollhoop version in the flesh but assume the finish is the same as is the fitting kit. THe fitting kit seems simpler in construction than the OEM kit. So far as I know the OEM fitting kit will NOT work with the Hamann hardtop.

Timing wise you guys finding out about these (almost a secret lol, well don't want everyone searching for them second hand :wink: ) may be good for me. After 2 months of almost (and I mean cash in hand ready to handover) picking up a 993 as a hobby car I walked past the Z3 in storage last week and it made me realise again what a gorgeous car it is. Its looks have got me hooked again and so I feel like investing some funds into the Z3 again. So I'm up for one of these.

I'd be willing to be a guinea pig with the UK supplier ie buy one fitted by them at their workshop (assuming its around the midlands so no more than a 2 hour drive for me). I would take it primed and probably get it wrapped in carbon (I may even get a quote for a carbon one as in the pic above) and could report back on fit etc.... My deal with them would be that if there is a subsequent group buy of 5 or more units they refund me the difference in price.

If someone else is up for it then more than one of us could meet up and spend a day there (Deano ?) but depends how patient you are.

I am assuming these are made to order hence the long leadtime to be made and shipped to the UK.

My logic is that whatever the price less what I would get for my OEM black hardtop and fitting kit I would almost be guaranteed to get my money back anytime I wanted (if not make a few quid in a few years ;-)

So welcome to the Hamann Rollhoop Hardtop Appreciation Club :lol:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

This gets beter all the time!! Jontt, please can I count on you to query the VAT issue...being a non resident in the UK etc etc...I'm fairly certain I am not liable for VAT ??
I'm def in if the pricing is as good as hinted at.. and must agree...the cost will always be recoverable.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Why am I somewhat underwhelmed by the finish of the interior? The HRW wiring look basic to say the least, and the finish appears to be shiny plastic? The OEM one has a proper headlining. Reminds me more of the hardtops for the Sprite than one for a modern BMW! :?

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Autovogue who are the Hamann UK distributor are based around 2 miles away from me in Stafford, in fact around 2 years ago when I called in to enquire about a cat back Hamann exhaust they had one of the hardtops in the workshop, I'm guessing awaiting a customer. I've always thought of one of these but it might be me but the more I look at it from certain angles it looks a little like a Panzer tank turret in the flesh lol, probably down to letterbox rear screen. Anyways if any of you were thinking of a supply and fit please bear in mind these people are not cheap for fitting accessories. They quoted me £150 to fit the exhaust back box in 2008. I imagine for fitting the mounting kit and the hardtop you will be looking for at least this amount for an hours work.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Rob...Deano queried the headliner when he called them earlier, and it seems they come with headliners and fitting kit. I also noted on Vivid Racing's site, they also quoted headliner as std. Might be the pic of the raw item before fitting a headliner, or maybe there was an option..with / without . The wiring can always be "sorted" if required...not a major drawback...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Dependant on price as a full kit ie includes the Hamann fitting kit ( if this is needed? ) I would be interested.

Not just for the amazing looks of the rollhoops hardtop but also as an investment 8-)
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

If this happens and there's a sudden rash of hamann hardtops being ordered, i'd like to take full credit for resurrecting the thread from 2009 that had the picture! What I cant understand is why it fell off everyones radar? If i'd known about this when I bought my Zed i'd have saved to buy one by now!
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

TitanTim wrote:Autovogue who are the Hamann UK distributor are based around 2 miles away from me in Stafford, in fact around 2 years ago when I called in to enquire about a cat back Hamann exhaust they had one of the hardtops in the workshop, I'm guessing awaiting a customer. I've always thought of one of these but it might be me but the more I look at it from certain angles it looks a little like a Panzer tank turret in the flesh lol, probably down to letterbox rear screen. Anyways if any of you were thinking of a supply and fit please bear in mind these people are not cheap for fitting accessories. They quoted me £150 to fit the exhaust back box in 2008. I imagine for fitting the mounting kit and the hardtop you will be looking for at least this amount for an hours work.

Tim.
Panzer tank? It reminds me of the rear of a Morgan I think
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Jonttt wrote:So you lot have finally hit on the holy grail of Z3 accessories then :D

I missed out on the carbon fibre one which sold for c3000euro I think directly from Hamann in germany's website (worth checking thier website as they had some hamann Z3 accessories in the recuced section last year eg foglights for none ///M's). At the time I had only just got into Z3's and did not realise how rare these are or believe me it would have been mine.

I and a few other select members on here in the know have been on the lookout for one of these second hand across europe for over 4 years (and I check almost every day, well my little helpers do ;-) They simply never come onto the second hand market.

I should confirm there are two types - none rollhopp and rollhoop. As implied above the none rollhoop one is nothing special but the rollhoop version is the nuts IMHO.

For info there are usually none rollhopp version for sale from a guy in holland via ebay:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/BMW-Z3-HAMANN-ha ... 1c30eaaa5d

A few pics of the none rollhoop underside and conenction kit below for reference. I have never seen a rollhoop version in the flesh but assume the finish is the same as is the fitting kit. THe fitting kit seems simpler in construction than the OEM kit. So far as I know the OEM fitting kit will NOT work with the Hamann hardtop.

Timing wise you guys finding out about these (almost a secret lol, well don't want everyone searching for them second hand :wink: ) may be good for me. After 2 months of almost (and I mean cash in hand ready to handover) picking up a 993 as a hobby car I walked past the Z3 in storage last week and it made me realise again what a gorgeous car it is. Its looks have got me hooked again and so I feel like investing some funds into the Z3 again. So I'm up for one of these.

I'd be willing to be a guinea pig with the UK supplier ie buy one fitted by them at their workshop (assuming its around the midlands so no more than a 2 hour drive for me). I would take it primed and probably get it wrapped in carbon (I may even get a quote for a carbon one as in the pic above) and could report back on fit etc.... My deal with them would be that if there is a subsequent group buy of 5 or more units they refund me the difference in price.

If someone else is up for it then more than one of us could meet up and spend a day there (Deano ?) but depends how patient you are.

I am assuming these are made to order hence the long leadtime to be made and shipped to the UK.

My logic is that whatever the price less what I would get for my OEM black hardtop and fitting kit I would almost be guaranteed to get my money back anytime I wanted (if not make a few quid in a few years ;-)

So welcome to the Hamann Rollhoop Hardtop Appreciation Club :lol:

Jon - if you were willing to pay 3000Euro and have been looking for one all this time, why didn't you buy one from Autovogue? Is it specifically the Carbon that you wanted? Carbon wrap is an interesting idea, i'd like to see that... 8-)
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Eastsix wrote:If this happens and there's a sudden rash of hamann hardtops being ordered, i'd like to take full credit for resurrecting the thread from 2009 that had the picture! What I cant understand is why it fell off everyones radar? If i'd known about this when I bought my Zed i'd have saved to buy one by now!
I think the general concensus in the past was they were not available to buy new anymore hence any real lack of interest, plus prohibitive cost for most, lets face it your going to be talking not far off 2K with VAT and painted up, compared to an OEM top at fraction of the cost which does the same job. Your paying the premium for the style. Whether its an investment is debatable depending how many Hamann have in stock etc.

Tim.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Eastsix wrote: Jon - if you were willing to pay 3000Euro and have been looking for one all this time, why didn't you buy one from Autovogue? Is it specifically the Carbon that you wanted? Carbon wrap is an interesting idea, i'd like to see that... 8-)

I have my own logic with the Z3 ie its my hobby car and part of that hobby has been collecting Z3 related accessories and not simply taking the easy route and paying full price. As this was a long term keeper I had no problem waiting to source parts at bargain prices as and when I found them. However it's become clear that finding a second hand roll hoop harman hardtop is the holy grail. Normally that would be ok but two factors have coincided at the same time 1) I have funds I had set aside for a 2nd hobby car I can't really justify so spending some of that on the Z3 is logic I can make to myself 2) you lot have found out about them !

So I have a new shopping list for the Z3 outside of my normal remit :-

Harman roll hoop hardtop
CSL induction conversion / MAF delete / alpha-n remap
Front end refresh
Brembo big brake conversion all round

There is probably £10k of spend to the above list and given this thread the harman hardtop may as well be the first to get started :D

I'll be on the phone to hopefully agree a deal tomorrow.
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Like most I thought they just weren't avalible.. Hence starting this thread asking someone to make some! :lol: Will see what you come back with jonttt..

Price is a factor for me and most. At 4 times the price as an oem will have to think hard about buying one..

But they just look soooo good
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Jonttt wrote:I have my own logic with the Z3 ie its my hobby car
I understand where you’re coming from. Some people spend years chasing a rare penny black stamp – you have to factor-in the pleasure and escapism from the stresses and strains of daily life these little cars (and others like them) can provide.

You can spend a fortune on carbon fibre and titanium golf clubs which would be a waste of money :D
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

Jonttt wrote:
Eastsix wrote: Jon - if you were willing to pay 3000Euro and have been looking for one all this time, why didn't you buy one from Autovogue? Is it specifically the Carbon that you wanted? Carbon wrap is an interesting idea, i'd like to see that... 8-)

I have my own logic with the Z3 ie its my hobby car and part of that hobby has been collecting Z3 related accessories and not simply taking the easy route and paying full price. As this was a long term keeper I had no problem waiting to source parts at bargain prices as and when I found them. However it's become clear that finding a second hand roll hoop harman hardtop is the holy grail. Normally that would be ok but two factors have coincided at the same time 1) I have funds I had set aside for a 2nd hobby car I can't really justify so spending some of that on the Z3 is logic I can make to myself 2) you lot have found out about them !

So I have a new shopping list for the Z3 outside of my normal remit :-

Harman roll hoop hardtop
CSL induction conversion / MAF delete / alpha-n remap
Front end refresh
Brembo big brake conversion all round

There is probably £10k of spend to the above list and given this thread the harman hardtop may as well be the first to get started :D

I'll be on the phone to hopefully agree a deal tomorrow.

So in other words it would do your nut in if a bunch of johnny come lately's were suddenly sporting them! Well I love your car anyway, with the hardtop it'll be eyewateringly sexy. You may find yourself in quite some demand- i'll head to any show where i can see the hartops fitted in the flesh.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Del wrote:You can spend a fortune on carbon fibre and titanium golf clubs which would be a waste of money :D
jonttt already has these for his regular golfing holidays to sunnier climes :D
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

I would love one of those and the side skirt mouldings but really does depend upon price unfortunately.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Eastsix wrote: So in other words it would do your nut in if a bunch of johnny come lately's were suddenly sporting them!
Price and exclusivity normally go hand in hand ;-)

Having said that one of the appeals of the Z3m has always been exclusivity without a high price tag :D
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Zed Carer wrote:
Del wrote:You can spend a fortune on carbon fibre and titanium golf clubs which would be a waste of money :D
jonttt already has these for his regular golfing holidays to sunnier climes :D
:oops:

I get my clubs second hand.......... but they are from a Nike pro and rather expensive :twisted:
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Rough idea what it'll look like JT 8-)

('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Z3cade wrote:Rough idea what it'll look like JT 8-)

Nice work Liam ^^^^^^^^

They do look really nice but if you only use your car for the six months of summer it seems an awful lot of money unless its burning a hole in your pocket :oops:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

That's cool.
Although I think it might look even better in imola

I'm stuck in meetings so not had chance to phone them yet.
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

I just spoke to them again. They are waiting shipping costs before confirming prices. They are on 8-week delivery since they are made to order. Also they come with the Hamann fitting kit - you dont need a normal fitting kit so my earlier post was wrong.

I need to decide how bad I want one now. Circa £2k is a nice holiday :|
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I'd agree...Imola car / Imola roof....Black car, Silver,Blue, / Carbon Fiber roof...or colour matched too...And with or without roll bars fitted, must be the roll bar roof version !
"Normal is overrated"

Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

How about chrome vinyl wrap on a silver car?
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hey Deano....google my post on "SPECTRACHROME"....HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT IS POSSIBLE!!
"Normal is overrated"

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth spending 2k on a pricey hardtop if its a summer car? that will more than likely languish at the back of the garage :?

I might be tempted as I use the Zed during the winter now but still not convinced vanity is worth 1200 quid more over an OEM top.

I need convincing :lol:

Tim.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Agreed I think they would look best body coloured.. That goes for the oem tops for me too..

I think if you can afford it then its a great bit if kit that's different..
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

TitanTim wrote:I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth spending 2k on a pricey hardtop if its a summer car? that will more than likely languish at the back of the garage :?

I might be tempted as I use the Zed during the winter now but still not convinced vanity is worth 1200 quid more over an OEM top.

Tim.
Maybe nice, but it wouldn't be original would it :wink:
2001 M roadster S54 Laguna Seca Blue
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

siwilson wrote:
TitanTim wrote:I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth spending 2k on a pricey hardtop if its a summer car? that will more than likely languish at the back of the garage :?

Tim.
Maybe nice, but it wouldn't be original would it :wink:
I could buy 2 OEM hardtops for that price....one for Saturday and one for Sunday :lol:

Tim.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

But it just wouldn't be quite as interesting Tim....like you could buy two sets of OEM wheels....but they'd just be same old...For the money it's unique, smart and adds a certain "rakish" attitude which the OEM roof lacks...gives the Z3 a more "prescence" and less "hair dresser"....I think it adds to the Z3's long bonnet by not being as high at the rear window, which on the OEM is kinda "bubble-like"....and being limited in numbers, the Hamman will appreciate exponentially...a good investment really. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

I have an oem hardtop. Now I have a new soft top the hardtop won't get used much.

I can't see how they can justify that price.

Leaving a hardtop on will also not help the condition if the soft top.

Waste of money IMHO. Especially at 2k.

The 'BEAST' 666
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I wouldn't say its a waste on money as its still performing a function its just your paying more to do the same job as an OEM top. Its no different when I bought the Schnitzer alloys at 2K as opposed to say buying a set at 500 quid. Were they worth the 2K.....no they weren't but they looked great. All wheels do the same regardless of cost, same with the hardtop. Your paying for name at the end of the day and exclusivity.

Tim.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Fair comment...but this may be the last opportunity to own one, and if so, it will immediately command at least a third more than it's purchase price...anyone selling one will undoubtedly never have to put an ad on eBay or anywhere else...in fact, selling one would be really stupid!! If I was to sell onne, I'd only part with it as part of my car...which I can ask a premium on by virtue of the asset of the roof. ie No car / no roof.... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

It will only command more money if people want them and have more the 2k spare.

This is unlikely in the present climate. There are better things to spend 2k on.

Most people will see it as just a hardtop.

Mark

The 'BEAST' 666
mrwhippy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mrwhippy »

I think we may be surprised by the amount of people who would be prepared to part with £2k for one of these....me included. Selling our current hardtops / fitting kits helps bring the cost down.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Southernboy wrote:Fair comment...but this may be the last opportunity to own one, and if so, it will immediately command at least a third more than it's purchase price...anyone selling one will undoubtedly never have to put an ad on eBay or anywhere else...in fact, selling one would be really stupid!! If I was to sell onne, I'd only part with it as part of my car...which I can ask a premium on by virtue of the asset of the roof. ie No car / no roof.... :D
It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid, most mods on a car will never increase its value, they might make the car more saleable to the right person looking for that type of car. If I was trade my Z3 in at a dealer with a Hamann hardtop fitted they would offer the current market trade in value of 3.5K lol, any mods or accessories won't make any difference to the actual real value of the car. You would be much better off selling seperately which then opens up another can of worms. When I sold the AC Schnitzer alloys I paid 2K and sold them for £800 and that was a real struggle to get that. I was offered in general £500 with the tyres, the wheels being immaculate and as new. These days people won't spend the money for second hand regardless of how desirable. If you paid say 2K for the Hamann hardtop I reckon you would be lucky to get over 1500 for it on the second hand market.

Tim.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

In some cases the hardtop will be worth more than the car.

I still prefer the look of the oem over the hamann top.

Plus the larger rear window is a bonus.

Each to their own.

The 'BEAST' 666
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

TitanTim wrote:
Southernboy wrote:Fair comment...but this may be the last opportunity to own one, and if so, it will immediately command at least a third more than it's purchase price...anyone selling one will undoubtedly never have to put an ad on eBay or anywhere else...in fact, selling one would be really stupid!! If I was to sell onne, I'd only part with it as part of my car...which I can ask a premium on by virtue of the asset of the roof. ie No car / no roof.... :D
It doesn't really work like that I'm afraid, most mods on a car will never increase its value, they might make the car more saleable to the right person looking for that type of car. If I was trade my Z3 in at a dealer with a Hamann hardtop fitted they would offer the current market trade in value of 3.5K lol, any mods or accessories won't make any difference to the actual real value of the car. You would be much better off selling seperately which then opens up another can of worms. When I sold the AC Schnitzer alloys I paid 2K and sold them for £800 and that was a real struggle to get that. I was offered in general £500 with the tyres, the wheels being immaculate and as new. These days people won't spend the money for second hand regardless of how desirable. If you paid say 2K for the Hamann hardtop I reckon you would be lucky to get over 1500 for it on the second hand market.

Tim.
Tim your spot on.

The 'BEAST' 666
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Badman gee wrote:In some cases the hardtop will be worth more than the car.

I still prefer the look of the oem over the hamann top.

Plus the larger rear window is a bonus.

Each to their own.
Funnily enough I'm the opposite :twisted: the rear OEM screen is one of the things I'm not so keen on as it looks a little bulbous :shock: which is why I prefer the hamann although the rear screen looks a little like a letterbox. I just like the roof humps as it makes it look more interesting.

Tim.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

And southern boy

M roadsters are not hairdressers cars, they are the best of the z3/z4 range.

This fact is proven by the many people who modify their cars to emulate them.

:)

The 'BEAST' 666
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

And southern boy

M roadsters are not hairdressers cars, they are the best of the z3/z4 range.

This fact is proven by the many people who modify their cars to emulate them.

:)

The 'BEAST' 666
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Judging by the amount of people interested in buying these, they will become so common that they will only be worth £500 in a few years, so I think I will hold on until one of you wants to flog it :lol: :roflmao:

Seriously though, I like the look of them but if I was to buy one and get it painted it would cost me more than what the car is now worth and I would probably only get 4 months use out of it per year :cry:

How many of you that SORN you cars in the winter and are interested in buying one, will use it in the summer months?

I do understand what people are saying though about the fact they would pay a premium price, for something they have always wanted and have a rarity about them. Some mods are just like that, you wait ages and ages for them to come along and when they finally do you will pay silly amounts for them.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The bad man is quite touchy tonight.... :D
I was merely pointing out that the Hamann roof, provides more of a cut-throat barber image than a hairdresser image...if you feel sensitive about that...perhaps it's time for a hair-do ..... :roflmao:
"Normal is overrated"

Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Southernboy wrote:The bad man is quite touchy tonight.... :D
I was merely pointing out that the Hamann roof, provides more of a cut-throat barber image than a hairdresser image...if you feel sensitive about that...perhaps it's time for a hair-do ..... :roflmao:
I'm not touchy mate, just giving my view. Lets face it most people see many convertables as hairdressers cars! :D

The 'BEAST' 666
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

I think most have lost site of what you would pay for an oem hardtop from the dealers, as we are talking about a new hardtop from Hamann.

Sent from my HTC Desire
ImageImage
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Captain wrote:I think most have lost site of what you would pay for an oem hardtop from the dealers, as we are talking about a new hardtop from Hamann.

Mine was with the car and as new. I could sell it for 600 plus.

The issue is that I won't use it enough to warrant the expense.

They are convertables after all.

I used my hardtop all last summer as I needed a new soft top.

Never again, I missed out on top down motoring.

Sent from my HTC Desire

The 'BEAST' 666
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The Cap is right....These are not actually overpriced...it's the Bad man's car that is under-priced...might be the smell of hair gel.... :cheers
"Normal is overrated"

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Captain wrote:I think most have lost site of what you would pay for an oem hardtop from the dealers, as we are talking about a new hardtop from Hamann.

Sent from my HTC Desire
OEM hardtops are not available through the dealerships any more, agree if they were you would be talking similar money new, but the fact is a mint OEM hardtop or one sprayed up will be a fraction of the cost of the Hamann.

If the Hamann price included VAT and paint I would be 100% interested but still on the fence.

Tim.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

If it was 1000 all in so would I. But your looking at 2 k and a paint job.

Lets face it, it needs to be a good paint job too.

The 'BEAST' 666
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

TitanTim wrote:

Sent from my HTC Desire
OEM hardtops are not available through the dealerships any more, agree if they were you would be talking similar money new, but the fact is a mint OEM hardtop or one sprayed up will be a fraction of the cost of the Hamann.

If the Hamann price included VAT and paint I would be 100% interested but still on the fence.

Tim.
I agree with you, the point I was trying to make is that an oem hardtop probably cost more than 2K

Sent from my HTC Desire
ImageImage