centre console

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

centre console

Post by RichP »

hello.

does anyone know if the chrome hoops (i think part no 18 on the diagram) can be individually removed and fitted to my existing basic dash? (looks like part no 2). i like em but probably not so much that i want to replace the whole console..

cheers,

rich.
Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: centre console

Post by Brian H »

Rich,

The chrome hoops can be removed individually, there is three or four clips that hold them in place. I am unsure if they fit the stock console panel. Do you have the rings already?
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

no. just the basic black dash.
Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

I'm not sure but think they might be available on eBay..
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
HBmw3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by HBmw3 »

Make sure you buy the right ones. There is a difference between the ones for a plastic console and the alu or wooden console.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

No part 18 is listed on that diagram when I put my car details in, however when I put in a late S54 ///M roadster I get a second diagram with a different chrome ring on it. I suspect that the one on the diagram above is for facelift consoles and the one on the ///M diagram is for pre-facelift. I am not certain, but I think the ///M console heater controls are identical to the pre-facelift non-///M ones, so in theory those rings should fit. They look like they might be quite expensive though!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

i think i would have trouble convincing a breaker to sell me the rings off an M dash.

these look decent quality:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-CHROME ... 45f0a0bb36

has anyone tried them?

i'll check the measurement against mine tomorrow.

i was thinking of doing something like g8kja here: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 69#p336769 but i'd need the rings for a decent finish.

i also like the leather (effect) console sides though. so maybe i'm best looking for a full replacement. :puzzle:
Image Image
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

All you need to do is measure the diameter of the holes...they vary very slightly...then go onto eBay and buy a set, or I think you can get them from "Just Roadster"..they have the different sizes...they're good quality, and you can use a drop or two of Araldite to fix them into position. A 5 minute job...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

RichP wrote:these look decent quality:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-CHROME ... 45f0a0bb36

has anyone tried them?
I have, and they're great.
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

I've used them, no problems, just make sure you get the right size, there are few different sizes. Measure the holes before ordering.

Sent from my HTC Desire
ImageImage