It really is Oxford Green Metallic underneath!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

It really is Oxford Green Metallic underneath!

Post by TR4man »

Instead of whizzing my little Z through the local car wash and being hung, drawn and quartered by members of this forum, I succumbed and hand washed it this morning.

No namby pamby snow foam, twin buckets and £50 polish here. :wink:

Just a capful of Turtlewax "Wash and Shine".

Have to say it looks pretty damn good afterwards. :)

Regards

Peter
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: It really is Oxford Green Metallic underneath!

Post by geminimustang »

I use Simoniz shampoo,turtle wax and then Auto Glym and car comes up a treat.I never use the same sponge twice.I'm always pleased with results.However, I've just ordered some Maguiras wax as it seems popular with the guys on this forum so worth risking £7 incl delivery from Amazon.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Car looks very good – I know you have said you use it as a working car and clock up some mileage – how do you find it performs as a motorway muncher?
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Nice colour, use the 2 bucket process though :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
RichP

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by RichP »

:thumb:

looks good.
Image Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Sorry, I use the 'namby pamby' snowfoam :wink: and two bucket method afterwards, but then I spent last summer working round the car power buffing out the various swirls and micro scratches so I'd be a bit daft to just wash it any other way now. But then mine isn't my main car so it doesn't get that dirty anyway, though I am itching to give it a proper spring clean once the weather improves. My neighbours have had a skip on their drive (right next to mine) so I've had to move the Z out of the way and can't get decent access to wash it properly anyway until their (3rd :shock: ) skip goes. :roll:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

OldskoolRS wrote:Sorry, I use the 'namby pamby' snowfoam :wink: and two bucket method afterwards, but then I spent last summer working round the car power buffing out the various swirls and micro scratches so I'd be a bit daft to just wash it any other way now. But then mine isn't my main car so it doesn't get that dirty anyway, though I am itching to give it a proper spring clean once the weather improves. My neighbours have had a skip on their drive (right next to mine) so I've had to move the Z out of the way and can't get decent access to wash it properly anyway until their (3rd :shock: ) skip goes. :roll:
Snow foam is good stuff.

The 'BEAST' 666
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Del wrote:Car looks very good – I know you have said you use it as a working car and clock up some mileage – how do you find it performs as a motorway muncher?
I bought it last August and have done around 19,000 miles in it (yes really...) most of which has been motorway driving.

I don't thrash it, but like to think that I drive it sympathetically.

It has sufficient power for my needs, I like rear wheel drive cars and fairly stiff suspension.

It has been a good, solid, dependable workhorse and I've not totted up the receipts but I certainly haven't skimped on it's maintainance. I could have bought a more economical car, but I don't know of one that would have been as much fun.

Regards

Peter
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

OldskoolRS wrote: But then mine isn't my main car so it doesn't get that dirty anyway,
I suppose that is the difference, mine is my only day-to-day car and as such has to earn its keep.

Regards

Peter
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

well done. I wont report you now.... but I am still keeping an eye on you :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

gookah wrote:well done. I wont report you now.... but I am still keeping an eye on you :D
Phew.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

TR4man wrote:
OldskoolRS wrote: But then mine isn't my main car so it doesn't get that dirty anyway,
I suppose that is the difference, mine is my only day-to-day car and as such has to earn its keep.

Regards

Peter
I know what you mean: My 320d company car hasn't been washed since last October...I think it's grey underneath the dirt, but I'm not sure. :oops: I don't want to take it through a car wash or have the local supermarket guys wash it now that it's so dirty/gritty so it'll have to wait until I feel like doing it myself. :oops: