Grr, ebay sellers

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Grr, ebay sellers

Post by OXO »

Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and walk away..

This guy has listed these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161059178827? ... 1423.l2649 wheels twice now. The first time I messaged him to ask about offsets. No reply. They ended without bids.

This week he relists at 99p start "must get rid". I have messaged him 3 times on the new listing about offsets. No reply. What is the f***g point of that?

Must calm down...
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Re: Grr, ebay sellers

Post by Jonttt »

The guy obviously does not know what an offset is. You often have to direct a seller to tell them to check the stamped marking on the wheel. Even then they will not be sure (its easier if the stamp says ETxx but its not always that obvious). I would ask him to note all stamps and send you details and you can work them out yourself ? Even better ask him to photograph the stamps on the back and send them to you.

Edit I had not clicked on the link but have now. Schnitzer shoudl have the ET stamped on the back ;-) If they fit and unmodified none ///M e36 then they should fit a none ///M Z3 fine but best to check the offsets as you say.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

I did explain about the ET on the back, but he doesn't even respond at all.

Maybe I should take a risk and bid.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

If they go cheap enough, I guess it's worth a punt. Worst case you could sell them on.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

OXO wrote:I did explain about the ET on the back, but he doesn't even respond at all.

Maybe I should take a risk and bid.

Make sure the seller will ship International
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

I've sort of changed my mind. Thinking that I'd be better off waiting for some nice split rims in the winter. Prices may be keen then, and I expect I'll have a better chance of getting something nice as people do their off season upgrades.

What I really want is some which will have the correct offsets so I don't have to use spacers. Also won't rub as I have M suspension, which I think is lower than standard.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Unless you have an ///M you won't have ///M suspension.

You may have the Msport suspension which is lower than OEM none ///M Z3's.

Ride height should not be an issue unless the offsets are way out as there is a fair bit of tolerance to the arch from OEM offsets (at least 15mm)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

Gazza wrote:These are listed again, ET 35

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-AC-Sc ... 513wt_1170
I'm not bothering, because I was sarcastic about his last listing, when he cancelled all bids and relisted when they didn't reach the price he wanted. He has banned me from bidding :D