Adhesive for number plates

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Adhesive for number plates

Post by tags »

Got my plates on my way to put on the M Roadster, are the rear ones glued/double-sided/what?? How do you fix them? Whats the best method.

I know it sounds straightforward but i am novice at this type of stuff and want to get it right rather than my usual "it'll do" approach.

Thanks in advance.

tags
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Halfords sell double sided tape, 1mm and 6mm thick at £1.99 or some incredible price. Double sided 'stickey fixits' from a stationery shop are about cheaper and as effective.

Tim
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

Both plates are screwed on my M
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

I got my plate adhesive strips from the dealers, however, if you have an illegally spaced plate it's pain when Rob Bruce pulls you over and tells you to put on your legal versions :lol:

Tony's solution to this is the most obvious especially if you've got screw caps that match the plate (ie yellow or white)
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

On my last Z3 i got stopped once regarding my plate spacing. This was after having them on for 2 days. I promised the policeman that i would change them and he said that i would look stupid if next time he sees me in warrington i still hadn't changed them. Well, i didn't and never ever got stopped again. I also never went to warrington much anymore, the bird up there turned out to be a bit of a stalker :lol: