Auto Glym 2 stage softop cleaner / sealer

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Auto Glym 2 stage softop cleaner / sealer

Post by Alan W »

Another thing I wanted to do before the car was put away for the winter was to service the softop and I purchased the Auto Glym 2 stage kit to do this.

First step was the cleaner which you spray on and rub in with the foam scourer, then you rinse with a hose and dry off before applying the sealer.

All very straightforward and the bottles warn you about getting the product on the glass and paintwork which I ignored because I hate reading instructions and I am ham-fisted and impatient.

Fortunately the residue on the paintwork came off really easily, probably due to the amount of wax on it.

The windows however proved more of a problem, the residue was a bugger to get off and I tried three different brands of glass cleaner and was struggling.

So resorted to meths which cut straight through it and in no time the glass was sparkling again (seem to remember that meths and newspager was the old way to clean car glass)

Once the roof was all nicley dried out I applied gummi pflege to all the rubber seals and I have to say that this stuff is pretty amazing (thanks Ron for recommending it) and it makes the seals look and feel just like new.
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'