Recent topics

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Recent topics

Post by t-tony »

Hi all whilst on holiday in Florida last week I read in recent topics about car with power loss referring to throttle pedal sensor etc. Got home yesterday and now I can't find the post. Should have taken more detail from it,can anyone tell me how to locate last weeks posts,if its possible. Have ongoing problem with my Z. Losing power(2.0 auto)Thanks for any help.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Recent topics

Post by Gazza »

Possibly this one ? http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... dal+sensor

If not, use the search function with 'throttle pedal sensor' :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Thanks Gazza unfortunately not that one and I checked TPS earlier this morning. I remember it saying a big improvement by fitting genuine BMW inlet cam sensor so I think I will order one tomorrow from Sopers and fit that. When I originally fitted an aftermarket one I couldn't believe it was the same car but the same fault is now back. But thank you all the same.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

If it was a 1.9 Auto and not a 2.0 Auto, then it was BonBon's thread and it is currently sitting about 2/3 the way down the first page of threads in the Z3 section.

Threads on here are usually kept fairly well into their categories, so if the thread relates to a Z3, look first in the Z3 roadster section (click Forum in the menu bar and then Z3 roadster). If it relates to an ///M look in the M roadster/coupe section. Recent threads are rarely more than a couple of pages down.

If you are really struggling to find something, and the search function is yielding nothing useful, then go to google and enter site:zroadster.net followed by what you want to search for. Google is far better at searching for multiple words than the inbuilt search function.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
therealdb1

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by therealdb1 »

Hi Tony,
I posted a lost power on a 2 litre (manual) thread but it was earlier than last week more like a month ago.
It took a while to resolve but it seems to be ok now.
What are your symptoms?
Does it go into limp home with the EML on?
Have you had any codes read?
Is it an intermittent or permanent problem?
There was a more recent post where the auto box was being suspected but I think it was down to the driver's shoes from memory. (Sorry to the OP for the reminder)
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Hi,yes I think this was the one,I too remember the point about the shoe size(sorry) but it does ring a bell with me.It was the comment that the cam pos. sensor made such a huge difference which stood out to me because mine did also(it was like a different car) but not for long but mine also does feel like the gearbox doesn't kick down as it should.I have been wondering if a fault with the Vanos may also induce the camshaft sensor fault code if the ECU thinks the cam is not in the correct position? I have changed ,Both cam sensors,Fuel and air filters,Engine oil and filter(with Flush treatment),Crankshaft sensor,Gearbox oil and filter.All cam and crank sensors are aftermarket ones,perhaps this was a mistake? The exhaust cam sensor actually made things worse so I refitted the original one.Thank you for pointing me to the topic.
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Hi Robert T only just realised you posted a reply,thank you,I will search recent posts and see what I can find or try google. Unfortunately I'm back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks in the sun so it may be a few days till I get time to look.Car comes off the road at the end of October so I don't have too much time. Thanks again to all,much appreciation.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

t-tony wrote:All cam and crank sensors are aftermarket ones,perhaps this was a mistake?
Yes!!!