Whats my Zed worth

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Whats my Zed worth

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

I'm probably looking at parting with the Z3 after X-mas :cry: for a mundane hatch but struggling to determine what it would be worth as a trade in against a new vehicle. Done a couple of freebie valuations which come back with,

CAP used car valuation
Private Sale - £4950 to £5275
Trade in excellent - £3675 to £3900

What Car used car valuation
Private Sale - £5551
Trade in excellent - £5335

The above valuations look a bit optimistic to me, bearing in mind time of year etc.

Zed, has just over 26K on the clock, no air con, manual hood, full BMW service history, Becker head unit with sat nav.

Any ideas gratefully received,

Cheers,

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
PCSAM

blank

Re: Whats my Zed worth

Post by PCSAM »

you will get a lot more selling it yourself mate ........ dealers will never offer Trade in excellent... they will only offer bottom book only ............
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

PCSAM wrote:you will get a lot more selling it yourself mate ........ dealers will never offer Trade in excellent... they will only offer bottom book only ............
Depends on the dealer, walk away at the end of January and they will invariably call you back offering what you want, its a buyers market even for new :wink:

Tim.
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

You could always list it on pistoheads, eBay, auto trader etc to gauge the market and if you don't get what you want then you don't have to sell.

As you say it's a buyers market and you can walk out of the dealers. The end of the month is usually best as they need to hit targets but if you could trade in in December you should get best price as it's known as a bad month for dealers with Christmas and all at.

If you do decide to sell I would be interested in your Becker if you want to remove before selling.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Very low mileage increases the price a lot - most of the current non-M Z3s on Autotrader in the £5,000 - £8,000 bracket all have very low mileage. I would have thought you could think in terms of £5,000 for a private sale :)
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

Tim
You're always saying that you are going to sell that car. When it comes to the crunch you can't do it. So it doesn't really matter what it's worth. You've put too much into it to let it go for just a few grand.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

John Wilson wrote:Tim
You're always saying that you are going to sell that car. When it comes to the crunch you can't do it. So it doesn't really matter what it's worth. You've put too much into it to let it go for just a few grand.
lol I have in the past partly as I could never decide what to replace it with, however I'm now looking to place a new car order in Feb for new registration in March :lol: Been told basically I have too sell it or else. A bit daft having two cars the same so between the Z3 and Z4 the older car is going.

Tim.
DC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by DC »

Anyone reading your many previous posts on here will realise the superb quality of your car, the careful way it's been looked after and the no expense spared nature of the maintenance.
Over the years I've proved to myself that it's been better to pay a lot for a good honest car such as yours than pay a "bargain" price for one which in the long run will undoubtedly cost more and be worth less. There will be a buyer somewhere who will appreciate it's worth, a shame you can't wait till early summer.
Good luck with the sale.
Dave. 1998 Arctic Silver Z3 M44 1.9 Automatic
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

DC wrote:Anyone reading your many previous posts on here will realise the superb quality of your car, the careful way it's been looked after and the no expense spared nature of the maintenance.
Over the years I've proved to myself that it's been better to pay a lot for a good honest car such as yours than pay a "bargain" price for one which in the long run will undoubtedly cost more and be worth less. There will be a buyer somewhere who will appreciate it's worth, a shame you can't wait till early summer.
Good luck with the sale.
Thanks DC, Won't be ordering a replacement until Feb for the new reg so still some time to enjoy the Zed as its my daily over winter :)

Tim.