What goodies are you waiting to fit?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

What goodies are you waiting to fit?

Post by martyb »

Well fowks the rain seems to be never ending and snow forecast shortly.

This would normally put a downer on me but im quietly content knowing i have a couple things up my sleave for the summer.

In my treasure chest i have 2 main things.

The new facelift dash, clock and chrome rings all to fit.

A non roll hoop version wind deflector for those lovely summer days.

Im gonna do it all in the one go as soon as i get a few days of nice dry weather as im sure having the roof down will make these jobs a hell of a lot easier.

Plus i have my new roof piggy bank to break open once the winter weather has been and gone so it doesnt immediately get hit with rain and snow.

What have you guys got lined up for your Zs? :D
Zee3

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: What goodies are you waiting to fit?

Post by Zee3 »

I've got some Blue and black M seats and door cards to fit to my 2.8 Z3. I also want to get roll hoops fitted to it as well. As I don't have a garage though, fitting will have to wait a while. Flipping frustrating/ :head:
Zee 3.......But now have a Zee 4
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

polly bushes before I crash :lol: then maybe a single mass flywheel (though im still trying to convince myself about this)
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

I have a pair of front arch liners (how exciting!) and clear wrap stone guards to start, I'm sure they'll be plenty of other things as they crop up. Always looking for things to do. :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

[quoteThe new facelift dash, clock and chrome rings all to fit.][/quote]

Were there many differences between the pre and post facelift dashes?
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

Id love a set of the m seats in blue/black think theyd go really nicely in my car. i just cant force myself for the outlay that breakers are looking for.
Alan W wrote:The new facelift dash, clock and chrome rings all to fit.]
Were there many differences between the pre and post facelift dashes?[/quote]

Yeah there is actually quite a few dash combinations you can get.

My car has 3 heater controls with a cubby stash space on the left/middle and a digital clock on the right.

The version ill be upgrading to has 3 heater controls then the analogue clock in the middle below which i will be adding all the chrome rings to. I really think this brings the car forward a good few years.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Powerflex bushes everywhere
Black M seats
Braided SS brake lines
Smaller steering wheel
LeatherZ armrest
ACS roll hoops
ACS mirrors
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

deni2s wrote:Powerflex bushes everywhere
Black M seats
Braided SS brake lines
Smaller steering wheel
LeatherZ armrest
ACS roll hoops
ACS mirrors
What is the steering wheel change your planning to do out of curiosity?

I would like to see if you feel any improvements with the brake lines aswell.
Woody1000

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Woody1000 »

I waiting for my Stewart water pump to arrive and then fit that and a new thermostat and housing new antifreeze and a good old flush through.
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

Woody1000 wrote:I waiting for my Stewart water pump to arrive and then fit that and a new thermostat and housing new antifreeze and a good old flush through.
Im not familiar with the stewart water pump model. Is this a pump that comes with the metal housing rather than the rubber as i know this is highly recommended. I made sure mines was metal when i done it earlier this year.
Woody1000

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Woody1000 »

The Stewart water pump apparently is a high pressure water pump with a lifetime guarantee or so I read on a couple of forums, it's supposed to be the best out there ! Or I've been sucked in at wanting the best for my Zed and the pump is no different to cheap brand but I've paid well over the top for !!! Oh I love my car !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

martyb wrote: What is the steering wheel change your planning to do out of curiosity?

I would like to see if you feel any improvements with the brake lines aswell.
I have got Momo 2011 hub and some unidentified momo style sport steering wheel without airbag. I like how it looks, but don't think it has any brand. Also I got Nardi horn button with bmw logo on it - costs more than steering wheel and hub together :D But it looks very high quality and I already managed how to put it in Momo style wheel (there are different measurements of holes for nardi and momo wheels).

I will get actually to my car only after couple of months, but I had read other opinions that break pedal is more firm an not as spongy with braided brake lines as with oem brake lines. At dealerships service they told me that braided brake lines is perversion for this kind of car, but I had to change brake lines anyway and cost of braided wasn't too high, so I decided to go with braided.
michiganstar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by michiganstar »

I was waiting but just before holiday I fitted a decent clutch stop, rear lip spoiler and some red rear tint tape to the rear indicators. I have a set of E90 17's to fit fresh back from the powder coaters. The clutch stop has made the car far nicer to drive and the rear spoiler looks nice - no performance mods as yet though as I find the 2.8 is such a nice engine it needs nothing. Maybe some suspension bushes being replaced next....
Joycey

M roadster S52

Post by Joycey »

Ive got planned: Fix the passenger seat (Stuck in highest position up/down not working no motor sound)
Rear speakers sound like a hive of bee's buzzing
Drivers side rubber door seal split (Need to track one down)
Make my exhaust quieter! Loud is an understatement!

Joycey
Flight

blank

Post by Flight »

Hi All.
Having just fitted a Blue Tooth/USB audio, I am quite happy with my car as it stands. Except for the crappy little plastic under tray which leaves everything underneath exposed to the elements. It is my intention to fabricate and fit an alloy cover all under tray.
cheers
Flight
Caledonian

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Caledonian »

Retrofit heated seat kit !
GE45TON

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by GE45TON »

Caledonian wrote:Retrofit heated seat kit !

thought about that as well, are you fitting heaters into or onto the seats?

Keith
GE45TON

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by GE45TON »

refurbished pepperpots, got all the bits so just need to get cracking on the clean up...
Caledonian

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Caledonian »

Keith, I'm going to attempt to retrofit the slimline carbon heater pads to my seats. My seats are in excellent condition so don't want to buy some scrap ones just because they already have the heaters. My plan is to just try the seat bases. I think the leather should come off the base relatively easy but the seat back might be a step too far. I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers,

Marc
GE45TON

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by GE45TON »

Sound interesting Marc, take some photos as you go along and then perhaps you can post it on a separate thread, good luck..
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Ive just started fitting my toys.... Stripped the seats and centre console out today, not taken the carpet out.... Taken all the roll bards off and the back console with the sub woofer and (FINALLY) managed to find the loom to connect my rear demist too... For anyone reading this, it is behind the passenger seat rollbar, under the cardboard style carpet... not behond the carpet directly behind the passenger seat.

Now I have found that loom, I have yet to do the following:

New centre console & centre arm rest
- Fit the rear demist button - but moving this to the front into one of my blank plates,
- Fit heated elements to my standard red seats - been looking for M red ones for ages and the only ones that come up are extortionate so decided to retro fit heating elements like someone else on this thread and connect them to the existing loom (**please see my query below)
- Fix the seatbelt guide on the passenger seat whilst the cover is off
- Find the fault and fix for the pretensioner issue that has appeared (airbag light) - bought the reset tool a couple of months ago, now just need to find the broken wire.
- Fit new bushes to the seats and lift them slightly at the front (http://www.bimmerdiffs.com/collections/ ... fix-kit-z3)
- Scuffmaster the seats to fix where the bolster has been worn
- Fit new handbrake handle
- Fit the footwell lights (http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... ts#p363825)
- Fit heated seat buttons to the front console

**If anyone can tell me where to find the wires that connect to the heated seat switched I'd be very grateful, Having the centre console out, I have noticed 3 black connectors (2 large and one very small) and 2 medium white ones (both different) that are spare under the carpet near where the dials will switches will be when I put the centre console back, but none of them are the 6 pin connectors that I need for my heated seat switches (NB mine is a 99 post face lift model).

My next option is to start pulling the carpet up and trace back the heating wire from the seat loom (I assume this is the spare black connector that was under my seats when I took them out) but I am hoping someone on here will be able to tell me quickly where to find the switch wires.

Finally, can anyone advise me if I will need a relay for them?

Many Thanks, Lee

**12th Jan** found the wires for the switches
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Flight

blank

Post by Flight »

Hi all.

Further to my previous posting regarding fabricating an alloy under body tray for my 3.0i. I purchased an under tray for a 2.2 which fitted perfectly. All I had to do was remove the tiny plastic air duct and replace it with the new tray which has the air duct built in. It now covers the air-con pipes, steering rack, anti roll bar etc. Job done.
Flight