An Introduction From a New Member

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
thomasbrown92

Z3 roadster 2.2i

An Introduction From a New Member

Post by thomasbrown92 »

Hi everyone, just thought I would introduce myself and my car to you all as you will be seeing lots more of me and the car throughout this year!

I'm Tom and I am a 21 year old Journalism student at University of Sunderland. I run my own automotive journalism blog called AutoThrills;
http://www.autothrills.blogspot.co.uk

I came into ownership of my Hellrot Red 2.2 Z3 when my dad passed away early last year. Harrowing though it may have been, it's nice to have a piece of him still with me - his pride and joy. Unfortunately, it had to sit in the garage for a year as the insurance was astronomical. Turning 21 in December though has brought with it some benefits, car insurance wise. I know they say 25, but a fair whack has came off my premium for my daily driver (MK 5 Golf) and the Z3 respectively! Lets hope we get a summer like last year as I have plenty of road trips planned with my very lovely other half!

The car is booked in next Saturday (1st Feb '14) for it's MOT to then be taxed as soon as I return home from the testing station! I can't see any failures as the car had just been MOT'd and serviced in July 2012 and my dad had only covered 650 miles in the time until his passing. I will however get it booked in immediately for a fluid change!
One final thing until all is hunky dory... the dreaded plastic rear window! It's booked into BMW Sunderland on the 10th Feb to have it fitted. A ridiculous £360 but I'd rather that than zips and the wire that goes around the beading of the window stuck in my eye!

After all of the above has been put to rest I will be across to the Lake District I think (WEATHER PERMITTING!!) to enjoy the drive with my girlfriend, Amy. It would be great if the inevitable snow does not arrive and prevent me from doing this! We'll just have to see though...

Here's to a fabulous summer like the last!

Tom
2001 BMW Z3 2.2 Hellrot Red
2018 BMW 420d M Sport Gran Coupé [F36] Black Sapphire Metallic
Althulas

M roadster S50

Re: An Introduction From a New Member

Post by Althulas »

Hi Tom and welcome to the forum. Your dad looks like from those photos has looked after that car and I hope your going to get as much joy out of it as your dad did. If I were you though I would shop around for that screen replacement though you could get a complete new hood from some companies for that price. The screens are only about £130 and not to difficult to fit if you read this link http://www.zscca.org/techtopics/images/ ... ctions.pdf. If you ever join in at a meet I'm sure some member could give you a hand to install one.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Hi, a warm welcome from Bonzo and Zelda. :wave :cheers
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

ditto...from the south side of the planet... nice colour and from your interest (journalistic - good blog!) I imagine the car will continue to be well cared for... :sunny
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Welcome! That rear window price is sky high, shop around, you'll easily half that price if not more. There's a peak district cruise on April 6th. Come along and join in. Should be a good day out. You could be at a meeting point in a hour and a half from where you are. There's a thread running if you would like to register your interest. 20 or so going upto now.
Enjoy your Zed! :colourful:

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

You can get a rear window off the real OEM website for $240 which converts to £155. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Welcome from me too, your Dad certainly looked after his car. It's a credit to him, enjoy it. :D
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

A big welcome from me to car looks great I'm sure that you'll enjoy it :drive
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

A big welcome from me to car looks great I'm sure that you'll enjoy it :drive
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Sorry double post :oops:
thomasbrown92

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by thomasbrown92 »

Davejue1 wrote:Welcome! That rear window price is sky high, shop around, you'll easily half that price if not more. There's a peak district cruise on April 6th. Come along and join in. Should be a good day out. You could be at a meeting point in a hour and a half from where you are. There's a thread running if you would like to register your interest. 20 or so going upto now.
Enjoy your Zed! :colourful:

Cheers
Dave
Hi Dave, the Peak District blast sounds great to me! I will check my calender and would love to come and meet you all and your motors!

Thanks for all your warm welcomes guys, hope to meet you all soon!

Cheers
Tom
Tom
2001 BMW Z3 2.2 Hellrot Red
2018 BMW 420d M Sport Gran Coupé [F36] Black Sapphire Metallic
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

A big welcome from the Midlands. Looks in great condition a credit to your Dad.
This is a link to the Peaks Cruise i am running on April 6th
http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =1&t=39508
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

welcome, and its a tidy car you have ....... :D
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Welcome indeed... Theres lots on this site - you will soon be hooked... As for the window, check out Gookah's progress journal thread - he and his son had the full roof done for little more than you have been quoted for the window
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Woody1000

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Woody1000 »

Hi Tom, nice car they do look good in red and yours looks particularly well cared for, you don't need the summer to enjoy them you just need the bloody rain to stop !! Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Welcome to the site, nice looking z you have there. Any questions just ask, somebody will know the answer.