Hardtop HRW switch

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hardtop HRW switch

Post by rambo »

At last the hardtop is painted and fitted.
Now I need to source a HRW switch for a post May 1999 facelift Z3 with electric hood
BMW want £61.03 for a new unit ( The switch is of the mini pin variety not the E30 style with large pins )
If I can't source an original would a simple on/off switch do the job as there only 2 wires to the plug?
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Hardtop HRW switch

Post by rambo »

Stupid me!
Looking at the wrong plug when I asked if a simple switch would do the job as there is a multiplicity of wires leading to the plug
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

I waited for ages for a facelift HRW switch to come up..... after 3 months got The BMW one....
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi Rambo
I thought I could help but after reading your post again realised its a post facelift version you need. I have one for sale but its for the pre facelift model unfortunately.

Not sure whether it is just the appearance of the switch front that is different? I can send you a pic if you PM your email to me and you can see if it the rear looks as if the plug will fit. (might be OK as a stop gap until you find the correct one and you could then sell).

Let me know.

Regards
Orinoco
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by rambo »

Thanks for your help guys, but I've managed to source one from the Steelers at a knock down trade price.
klostis_z3m

M roadster S50

Post by klostis_z3m »

Orinoco wrote:Hi Rambo
I thought I could help but after reading your post again realised its a post facelift version you need. I have one for sale but its for the pre facelift model unfortunately.

Not sure whether it is just the appearance of the switch front that is different? I can send you a pic if you PM your email to me and you can see if it the rear looks as if the plug will fit. (might be OK as a stop gap until you find the correct one and you could then sell).

Let me know.

Regards
Orinoco
Still have the switch available mine stop working in need of a replacement?

Thanks

Kostas
rambo
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by rambo »

Managed to source a supply.
Thanks for the offer
Regards
Rambo