Lake District Drive

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
thomasbrown92

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Lake District Drive

Post by thomasbrown92 »

Hi everyone,

Since I couldn't make it to the Peak District cruise on the 6th April, I went for a drive across to the Lake District with a friend to blow the cobwebs out.

I run my own motoring website; http://www.driversplanet.co.uk where you will find road tests, news, and more.

I am a freelance auto journalist (21), studying Journalism at University of Sunderland with the hopes of writing for Evo Magazine upon graduation and one day, running my own publication.

Suffice to say, I wrote about my trip across to the Lakes which you will find here; http://driversplanet.co.uk/living-with/ ... rip-lakes/

I had a superb day out and I adore my Z3. I hope we are treated with a summer like last year so I can get out more often on trips like this.

Please have a scout through my site, and circulate to those who you think may also be interested as I need to increase the viewing figures. This will help me to entice manufacturer press offices to loan me more cars to test so they can acquire their ROI on the loan via media coverage.

I have been invited to attend an Industry Test Day at Millbrook Proving Ground on the 22nd May - all the manufacturers attend with their latest. Hopefully BMW bring their M235i...

Also, I've just booked the Z in for it's oil service at Prestige German Cars. They quoted me £145 - is that reasonable?

Cheers guys

Tom
2001 BMW Z3 2.2 Hellrot Red
2018 BMW 420d M Sport Gran Coupé [F36] Black Sapphire Metallic
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Lake District Drive

Post by Zed Carer »

Looks like you had a typical Lakes Day - some sun, some rain, etc. Recognise the car park as there has been a Lakes Weekend for the last couple of years usually doing Hardknott, Wrynose and then Kirkstone.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
brilie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by brilie »

Lakes!! Brilliant place for zed owners,had great weekend there last
Year with a great bunch (they know who they are) and can't wait to
Go again hint hint anybody!
Just had service two done for £266 pounds ,well worth it to
Me especially when the garage complements your car with
Immaculate :D

Cheers Brian
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

brilie wrote:Lakes!! and can't wait to
Go again hint hint anybody!
Cheers Brian
Brian you have a PM
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

A cruise round the lakes would be great (bigger hint)... We would definitely be in
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
beerbelly

blank

Post by beerbelly »

yes get this organised 8-)
roadvoyager1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by roadvoyager1 »

Thomas,

So pleased to hear that you made the trip across to the lakes. Your intro message explained how you came to the the carer of this Z3 and whilst the circumstances are sad it's good that you can remember your Dad each time you drive the car. Continue to enjoy it, they are meant to be used.

If you are thinking of heading over to the Lakes again later in the year let people know and we may be able to make it a cruise. There are a few Zowners in the north-east and I am sure others would be up for a day out.....any excuse!! :)
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Always up for a trip around the lakes. Went over kirkstone pass last Sunday, poor visibility but still a great road to drive :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
thomasbrown92

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by thomasbrown92 »

Thanks so much for your replies. It means a lot to have had such a warm welcome to the community.

I'm really keen to organise a meet at some point in the near future. It would be great to meet you all and your cars.

Also, nice one on helping me beef my viewing figures up. I had 200 hits yesterday!

Cheers
Tom
2001 BMW Z3 2.2 Hellrot Red
2018 BMW 420d M Sport Gran Coupé [F36] Black Sapphire Metallic
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Hi mate and welcome! Me and the "GOOD LADY" would be up for a lakes cruise if the dates fit. We would make a weekend of it coming up the day before and stopping over. Had to turn the north wales cruise in September down due to to many commitments :(. Is your intention to drop into jezza's loafers then when they kick him off topgear! :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
692DPG

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 692DPG »

Read your article at the link - looks like you had a great day out, keep up the great work. Can't wait for my Z3 to arrive so I can get out in the Lakes and Ribble Valley with the hood down!
1997 (R) BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - weekender
Hell Red/Imola Red/Black Z3M leather - 2 door, manual
2005 (55) Porsche 997 C4S 3.8 - man-o-porsche
Arctic Silver/Black leather - 2 door, manual
2017 (67) BMW M140i - daily
White/Black leather - 3 door, manual
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

692DPG wrote:Read your article at the link - looks like you had a great day out, keep up the great work. Can't wait for my Z3 to arrive so I can get out in the Lakes and Ribble Valley with the hood down!
Up the trough of bowland, through wray, Kirkby Lonsdale and carry on - perfect
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal