Worth selling as is....

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Moomah

Z3 roadster 2.8

Worth selling as is....

Post by Moomah »

I have a P reg 2.8 Z3, blue with beige interior, automatic.

The engine is sooooo sweet, runs like a dream, but a couple of things that are letting it down is the roof which has two broken tension wires and the paintwork on the boot....the top coat has gone white (a poor respray I think before we bought it) The front passengers side tyre needs replacing and the rear passenger wheel although looks right is the wrong size (long story, a previous posting last year I think I mention it) The interior is showing its (bit like me!) but as I understand it, all original

Sadly we are now moving abroad and I can't afford to take "Miss Money Penny" with me :( and I wonder if you could advise whether she is worth selling in this state or try and raise the cash to do the repairs, ....I have no idea if I sell her as is if she is worth much....

I love starting her up after she has been standing still all winter she fires up straight away and handles really well, I really miss driving her. :bawl:
Four wheeled car, three wheeled trike, two wheeled bike....shame not all at once
beerbelly

blank

Re: Worth selling as is....

Post by beerbelly »

pictures would help you get an accurate reply
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Sell as is, for what you can get.

You will never, ever recoup the cost of that amount of work on a Z3. Although we in this forum appreciate these little cars for the bargains that they are, for 99% of the population they are just a cheap car and their value reflects this.
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by colb »

Unfortunately TR4man is probably correct, you would never recoup what you spend out on putting things right, best option sell as is to someone who is prepared to restore it.

Colb
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

I'd let go as it is. As a ball part figure, Zeds looking tired and needing some tlc will make somewhere upto a £1000. Now is the time to sell as the suns shining a bit more and people start to get a bit giddy! If I ever had to sell mine which I never intend to do I'd blow a small fortune!!! Tears would roll!!!! :bawl:
Good luck with your move! :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Moomah

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Moomah »

Thanks everyone for the responses. Daveju1 I was thinking that too....

She is under cover at the moment but will get her out this weekend for a run and a bit of air and will take some pics..... :(
Four wheeled car, three wheeled trike, two wheeled bike....shame not all at once
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Reckon these guys are right, doesn't take much of a job to a) run up a big bill or, b) expend a lot of your time, probably neither of these you will recoup. As Dave said, summers on its way so I would have thought now is the time to move it on :wink:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
janijoeli

M roadster S50

Post by janijoeli »

You would probably get the best price if you'd sell it in parts, but this is of course requires quite a lot of effort.. And time, which might be the bigger issue if you are moving soon.

But as others have said, now is a good time to sell! And although automatic, yours has a proper size engine which appeals to enthusiasts.

Reading through your previous posts, the car's had a bit of unfortunate history... Definitely worth mentioning and clarifying when selling. Just out of curiosity, did the court case settle to your favour?
Moomah

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Moomah »

It didnt go to court in the end, we are advised by solicitors that it was no guarantee that we would get our money back even if the Court instructed them to.... :evil:

The police were involved and the car was cloned with another in London. London Met tried to contact the other owner without success so with communications with DVLA they agreed that ours was correct although a year older, so our reg changed from R to P. Not sure how that pans out for the owner in London though.
janijoeli

M roadster S50

Post by janijoeli »

Moomah wrote:It didnt go to court in the end, we are advised by solicitors that it was no guarantee that we would get our money back even if the Court instructed them to.... :evil:
This is what really pisses me off. No wonder there are so many "entrepreneurs" around, as court decision is good for nothing. AFAIK seller would need to cover the court etc. expenses caused to the buyer, but refunding the car is not legally enforceable. So buyer wastes a lot of time and gains nothing. Seller loses a bit of money and just keeps on doing "business". :evil:

Anyway, rant over. Good to hear that you got the car's paperwork sorted, and good luck with the sale!