Trip to Conwy / LLandudno

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
TomH84

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Trip to Conwy / LLandudno

Post by TomH84 »

Hey all,

I took the car over to Wales yesterday for the first time. Great day, with lots of fun driving in the Zed. Hopefully, the start of a long summer with the roof down 8-)

I set out out from Liverpool mid morning yesterday and headed first for Conwy. Visited the castle there and had a stroll about the place. After that, I drove over to Llandudno.

I recommend the toll road - 'the marine drive' - around the headland at Great Orme. What a great little road! Fantastic views. Lots of 2nd gear fun too...

The car drove perfectly all day. It was a good chance to test the new tyres and suspension, all of which I've replaced over the last couple of months. Even my mpg computer thingy is working again. Yeah.

The only "niggle" at the moment is a very, very slight engine noise between 2000-3000rpm. Has me puzzled - lifters? I'm keeping my ears on this! Don't think it's too serious.

Hope everyone is out enjoying their cars this weekend too. I did see a few Zeds out having fun on the roads yesterday.

Tom

Some pics from the trip:

ImageWales by TomHorsley, on Flickr

ImageMarine Drive Llandudno by TomHorsley, on Flickr

ImageZ3 by TomHorsley, on Flickr
2002 BMW Z3 2.2i 82k
1971(K) MGB GT - the 'other' car
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Trip to Conwy / LLandudno

Post by bertiejaffa »

Sounds great, are these any of the roads that the potential wales cruise will cover in September? I also saw a Zed out today, blue (W reg in Ashton) while I was on my way home in mine with the top down
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
TaffZee

blank

Re: Trip to Conwy / LLandudno

Post by TaffZee »

bertiejaffa wrote:Sounds great, are these any of the roads that the potential wales cruise will cover in September? I also saw a Zed out today, blue (W reg in Ashton) while I was on my way home in mine with the top down
Will be going past the Castle in Conwy, and doing the Great Orme (Marine Drive) road as well, but we will be going on far better roads than these.

Marine Drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anUeMB0kUTk
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8