Assistance please - Parts match? Ipanel

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Assistance please - Parts match? Ipanel

Post by Cooper01 »

Hi Guys,

I ask for some assistance regarding parts matching from some more experienced users, please.

I need to replace the area around the instrument cluster as some fool pulled the top cover off braking the clips and wrecking the leather surround it is mounted above. :bawl:

I have a 2001 2.2i VIN LL73078 black interior and the donor is a 1999 titan silver 2.0 in England. I will attempt to link to a photo of the item removed an ready for shipment.
Can someone please confirm that the new Ipanel will replace my Ipanel? I am having issues with the parts as there are so many options. I really appreciate some advice.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1010 ... 6172239569

Cooper
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Assistance please - Parts match? Ipanel

Post by Captain »

That will work :wink:
ImageImage
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

Captain wrote:That will work :wink:
Thanks. I appreciate the quick response. Nice cars by the way!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

...... confirmed what Captain says... It will fit. You may need to remove the entire dash to remove the old one and fit the replacement part.... A nice job and a great opportunity to get the area under there well cleaned up at the same time... I have removed my dash several times... and now it takes roughly 1/2 hour to do the job... requires, console out, steering wheel off, headunit and swithches disconnected, passenger airbag out, all under-dash footwell trim out incl glove box... if you need comprehensive instructions on the process let me know, I'll email the relative info from the Benleys workshop manual.... but mostly it's common sense.
1st thing you do is disconnect the battery !!
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

Southernboy wrote:...... confirmed what Captain says... It will fit. You may need to remove the entire dash to
Thanks a lot for the offer! They guy selling it to me got his out without removing the dash but he did say it took some force. Hmmm. have to think about that.

1/2 an hour is awesome. There is a section in here called how to remove the complete interior or something like that, have you seen it? Is it good? http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 18&t=15979
if that is good enough I will not need the manual, but if it is not accurate or misleading, sure I would love to have it. We can PM is necessary.
I am a bit nervous about it to tell you the truth but I have successfully re lubricated both the windows [removing all trim] successfully without breaking anything. :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

1st off you can't replace the part without the dash out...or you will be trying to lay on your back in the driver side footwell reaching up through the wiring etc under there and trying to reach the various screw positions... So my suggestion is get ready with the tools and do it the right way and end up with a good fix... it is possibly broken on account of being forced without understanding it's construction method.
Anyhow, let me know when you're ready to get going... it really in't very difficult. The "how to remove your entire interior is pretty good, but it skips a few steps which seem unimportant to me since I already know better, but for an innitiate, those are as critical as any other step of the process... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

hi, I tried to PM you but it didn't work. may I send you some pix of the part to see if there is any noticeable damage? Cooper
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

PM sent! Off to bed now as 1 AM. Have a great evening/day. Cooper
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

As Barry says, it will fit but usually this requires the dash out - he has done it a number of time (hence the 1/2 hour comment). I have done it once - the instructions in the knowledge base are fine, I followed them fully but I would say give 60-90 mins, and remember to bag all your screws and label all the wires.

Being in the process of restoring a dash at the moment I must admit I am not sure how that part would come out without the dash out
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

Thanks guys.