Head units.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Head units.

Post by Rafolian »

Hi all, need a bit of advice from you knowledgable guys regarding changing my standard bmw business radio as I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes ICE!
If I got a new head unit (preferably with an SD card slot) would my CD changer in the boot still work and any recommendations this side of a 100 quid?
Muchas gracias!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Head units.

Post by Robert T »

Highly unlikely, as the BMW multichanger really only works with BMW headunits (or the Rover equivalent). However, if you have a headunit with an SD card slot on it, then why would you ever need the multichanger - you're better removing it and having the boot space back.

I have a Pioneer headunit with a single CD slot in it and a USB connection on the back. I store all the my music on an 8GB USB memory stick which holds about 50 albums - the CD is never really used, but it is at least there if I want to play something new in the car. I could plug in my iPod, but then I'd have to remove it from the car (or at least lock it in the glovebox) when not in use.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

Cheers for that Robert!
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

HI,

I have a philips Bluetooth, Dab in car head unit up for grabs. Its nearly new, was in the car for about 3 months, but in that 3 months, the car only did about 1000 miles.

It has connections for iPod, iPhone, USB, SD, and bluetooth audio. Bluetooth handsfrees calling etc. The bluetooth audio, is very good and i used to use it this way, Waze Sat Nav on my phone with audio playing on the phone, all over Bluetooth meaning sat nav came through the head unit, as well as audio without having to pause the audio and calls also they came through.

The Head unit is DAB Ready and I also have the DAB add-on to go with it as well as a DAB antennae.

Heres the link to the head unit http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/CE153DR_05 ... plus-ready and here is the link to the DAB unit http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/CAB50_05/c ... b-dab-plus

Its all boxed and will take your best offer as close to the side of £100 that you are referring to.

Thanks,

TAGS
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

Hi Tags, cheers for that but unfortunately that unit has no cd slot and I really want a unit which takes a cd and an sd card.
Cheers, Ian.
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

if you have an sd slot there is no need for the changer, I use 8 gb cards, I havnt yet managed to fill a complete card.