Halfrauds

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
lordhelpus

Z3 roadster 2.8

Halfrauds

Post by lordhelpus »

Went into halfrauds just to have a look around to see what they have on special offer, wandering about I find myself in the caravan and camping section.
While in this section I spot a 1 litre bottle spray pack of reproofer for caravan awnings and tents, made by a company called fenwicks. On the back of the label it states:
Handy Hint: Suitable for cabriolet roofs. at £11.99 for 1 litre it would be rude not to buy it, so I takes myself back to the car cleaning section and the cheapest reproofer over there is £8.99 for 500ml..now I will say I normally buy the twin packs such as autoglym, wonder wheels etc, which are priced a considerably lot more but what I always find is, that I end up with lots of hood cleaner left over? but very little reproofer\sealer..............at that price I will give it a try I think.
1997 2.8................ Montreal Blue
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Halfrauds

Post by bertiejaffa »

Ive said many times on here, I used standard tent waterproofer on my Zeds, usually the stuff in the large spraycans. Costs very little, easy to use, leaves no marks and beads the water perfectly.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

The wife and I used to own caravans but alas no more! I used fenwicks products on the caravan and it is very good. Never used the tent cleaner but if it's as good as their other stuff you won't go far wrong. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Chiefy

blank

Post by Chiefy »

If you'd needed a couple of things from the car section then you could have got the conditioner/sealant for free on the 3 for 2 offer. I use the Wonderwheels cleaner and Wonderwheels sealant which have transformed my mouldy hood (as bought) into something that looks almost new.
Jones67

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Jones67 »

I used a tin of Grangers Fabsil 1Litre Tin bought from Go Outdoors which I have the discount card for, they price matched it to £9.99 which surplus and outdoors were selling it for plus they take an extra 10% off so it only cost £8.99. There was enough there for at least two treatments :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

..... alas, with all the wonderful sunshine here, all I get to use is a jetwash weekly, and a Fabsil treatment annually... :sunny :cheers
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

HI, I took youir advice Bert and used some canvas water-proofer from Ray's Outddoor World here in Tasmania. It worked a treat and only cost me equivalent to GBP7. I think I will treat it annually unless it starts to stay wet.
lordhelpus

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by lordhelpus »

Chiefy » Fri 11 Jul, 2014 20:11

If you'd needed a couple of things from the car section then you could have got the conditioner/sealant for free on the 3 for 2 offer. I use the Wonderwheels cleaner and Wonderwheels sealant which have transformed my mouldy hood (as bought) into something that looks almost new.
The point I was trying to get across Chiefy as stated in my original post was that I normally buy the twin packs autoglym/wonderwheels etc, but always end up with lots of the hood cleaner left over. I have plenty of hood cleaner from previous purchases and most single packs of the proofer are for 500ml and are priced at approx. £8.99. so this 1 litre of hood proofer seemed good value at £11.99. FYI it was not in the 3 for 2 offer. and as I don't suffer from a mouldy hood I use very little hood cleaner.

Update: Since purchasing the product I have used it, and it beads the rain up on the hood nicely, I will make it my regular proofer now. It's a good quality product and good value for money "just worth a mention I thought". :thumb:
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Cooper01 wrote:HI, I took youir advice Bert and used some canvas water-proofer from Ray's Outddoor World here in Tasmania. It worked a treat and only cost me equivalent to GBP7. I think I will treat it annually unless it starts to stay wet.
:cheers
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Chiefy

blank

Post by Chiefy »

Sorry mate was just trying to he helpful. As I work in Halfords it's surprising how many people don't take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer which covers all car cleaning product. Many will walk in and buy two things and leave without a third item which they could of had for free. Both the hood cleaner and proofer are part of the offer and have been for months. As I say - just trying to be helpful but I'll know better in future.
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by John Wilson »

I really feel the need of another trip to Halfords. Last time I was pleasantly surprised by what they stocked. Their touch up paint for Titan silver is the best that I've tried and has a nice pen applicator. I got a few other useful bits and pieces as well. I remember the time when you could get an overhead camshaft for a Cortina just from the shelf, next to the air fresheners and mini extension switches.
lordhelpus

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by lordhelpus »

Chiefy wrote:Sorry mate was just trying to he helpful. As I work in Halfords it's surprising how many people don't take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer which covers all car cleaning product. Many will walk in and buy two things and leave without a third item which they could of had for free. Both the hood cleaner and proofer are part of the offer and have been for months. As I say - just trying to be helpful but I'll know better in future.
No offence taken mate, its just nice to let people know when you have found a good product at a reasonable price and pass it on thats all.
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

Chiefy, I know where you are coming from, about a year ago I purchased stainless exhaust trims for my 2.8 from the Far East for a fraction of the cost elsewhere and a received a STUPID (trying and failing to be funny) comment about quality.
These were so cheap (and with free postage) I wouldn't have cared if they had tarnished by now but almost one year on they are still like new!
lordhelpus

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by lordhelpus »

:head: