seat ajustment

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
phil.a

Z3 roadster 1.9i

seat ajustment

Post by phil.a »

my power seat would not go forward ok going back would not raise or lower, checked the motor by hard wiring moved forward so switch was suspect , got another one fitted and the seat know goes forward and back but not up and down, when i had the seat out could see the working for the raise and lower but not how it worked no power lead to it, it is in the lower position gave every think a good spray with WD any ideas
Chiefy

blank

Re: seat ajustment

Post by Chiefy »

Fixed mine recently. Passenger seat stuck in full up position. Took the seat out, disconnected the raise/lower mechanical linkage, wound it manually away from the end stop where it was jammed, oiled everything in sight. It's been fine ever since.
Sailorbaz

M roadster S50

Re: seat ajustment

Post by Sailorbaz »

Can't help with your problem but my seats sat out of my car, in a container for the best part of 12 years. Needless to say, once I got my new wiring harness fitted and placed the seats in to test, I was completely blown away when I found them all working. Sounding a bit rough but nothing a few blasts with WD-40 and a hit with some spray grease hasn't sorted so far.

Hoping a bit of TLC and some lube sorts your issues mate.