Where have all the Z3"s gone?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Where have all the Z3"s gone?

Post by Koolflyer »

Been staying in Wells next the sea in North Norfolk this last week. The weather generally has been hot 8/8's top down blue skies :sunny. Been sitting on the various quaysides, biking rural roads and sitting outside various drinking establishments enjoying a beer or two.........but not a single Z3 to date! (a few 4's mind). Where are you? :shrug
I can only imagine that most of the Z3 visitors are like me, in the family motor loaded to the gunnells......shame really, with such beautiful scenery begging for open top driving. Perhaps I'll spot you tomorrow? :wink:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Where have all the Z3"s gone?

Post by t-tony »

Only if you get to Lincoln Pete. We visited Wells a few years ago when we stayed at Hopton near Gt. Yarmouth. There are some very nice roads and places down there. Rev on .org is a BIG Norfolk fan and I can see why.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Midsomer Mikey

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Midsomer Mikey »

Same down here :!: Don`t see any either only mx5`s Maybe all the 3 owners are polishing instead of out driving :roll:
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Maybe it's a sign that they are getting slightly thinner on the ground so sending up the values eh! Somehow I doubt it!! :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Use mine every day for commuting.

However I can't remember the last Z3 I've seen on my journeys.
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Love Wells but always there in the Holiday bus. Always on my mind when away, wish i was in the Z
"more Z3's on the street where i live than Mondeo's (3)"
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Might be an interesting exercise to plot the habitat and hunting ground of the 'Lesser Spotted Z3' :idea:
Chiefy

blank

Post by Chiefy »

Plenty up here in Dundee and around the Highlands. Just a hint of sunshine and temperature above 12 degrees and the shorts are on and the tops (soft tops) are down.
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

I see a few around by me (Worcestershire and Cotswolds) they quite often flash me as we pass each other 8-)
metalmickey

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by metalmickey »

Hi
Read Wells and thought I was there end of April but I was in Wells, Somerset.
There are quite a few Z3s around and about here in the London suburbs. I see some regularly and sometimes spot a new one and wave. It is interesting how many drivers don't acknowledge this friendly gesture but I suppose that is the way things are in this part of the world!
Not much scope for real driving either but my Z is really a possession anyway rather than an essential means of transport. Reading the forums it is clear that for many owners they are a second car and are only driven when the sun shines.
Mine came to me with 57000 miles on the clock after 14 years so it did not spend that much time out on the road. That is why we don't see so many. They are all under wraps being lovingly cared for .
Any other forum members think the same?
MM
metalmickey

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by metalmickey »

Hi
Read Wells and thought I was there end of April but I was in Wells, Somerset.
There are quite a few Z3s around and about here in the London suburbs. I see some regularly and sometimes spot a new one and wave. It is interesting how many drivers don't acknowledge this friendly gesture but I suppose that is the way things are in this part of the world!
Not much scope for real driving either but my Z is really a possession anyway rather than an essential means of transport. Reading the forums it is clear that for many owners they are a second car and are only driven when the sun shines.
Mine came to me with 57000 miles on the clock after 14 years so it did not spend that much time out on the road. That is why we don't see so many. They are all under wraps being lovingly cared for .
Any other forum members think the same?
MM
gIzzE

Not specified

Post by gIzzE »

Koolflyer wrote:Been staying in Wells next the sea in North Norfolk this last week. The weather generally has been hot 8/8's top down blue skies :sunny. Been sitting on the various quaysides, biking rural roads and sitting outside various drinking establishments enjoying a beer or two.........but not a single Z3 to date! (a few 4's mind). Where are you? :shrug
I can only imagine that most of the Z3 visitors are like me, in the family motor loaded to the gunnells......shame really, with such beautiful scenery begging for open top driving. Perhaps I'll spot you tomorrow? :wink:

I might pop over to The Victoria in Holkham tonight and see my borther, he is head Chef there.
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Perhaps I'll spot you tomorrow?
Bingo!

Day on the beach at Wells next the sea and right in the car park amongst the buckets and spades was a silver 2.8 Roadster P699**P (with some nice ACS wheels). If that was you.....thank you for completing my holiday!! Very sad I hear you mutter....ya right!! :D
Zed Free

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Zed Free »

I have been wondering the same thing, I have just got back from a few days in North Wales and did not see a single Z3 til I got back into England, beautiful roads, ideal for the zed but only a couple of Z4s and no 3s. Had a nice convoy with a pair of MGBs for a while but had to leave them in the end.
Come on people get your Zeds out and enjoy the sun, it is what they were made for.
Zed Free. - 2.2 Titanium Edition.
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

They're all up here .saw 5 today around ladybower /peak dist and 3 Z4s .
Moz
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Would love to get out more with Nelson (finally come up with a name for the Z3)
Work gets in the way 5 out of 7 days a week
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rafolian »

Quite a few of them here in the costa Blanca north where I live (at least 6 within a 5 mile radius of my house!), a couple of coupes and a couple of z4's. Thankfully there seems to be more z3's than mx5's!!
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

I see plenty of 3's all year round between Cambridge and Milton Keynes. There are two black 3's in my village, i keep meaning to ask them if they are members here or on .org.
Present : Grey Z4 2.5 conv
ex-Cosmos Black 2.8
Ci

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Ci »

I don't see that many in Dorset either. But like mine I expect a lot of them are now 'second' cars. Just been in the garage and The Valkyrie is certainly smiling at me. 15 years old and still a looker - compare it to a same age TF or MX5, no contest. Get the Z3s out and enjoy I say; but put the sun cream on your face first! Ci :lol:
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Just spotted two in Bawtry near Donny Silver 1.9 T plate and a Blue 02 Plate, and its raining.
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

Brandy likes to play in the rain but really she has no choice as I drive her every day, rain or shine.
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

........and how about in the snow..Coop's mate?? :D

Actually come to think of it,do you see many Z's out there in Oz? Next time I'm down under I'll be looking.
waynerp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by waynerp »

As a newbie Z3 for only a month now, I never really looked out for them until now, and have since seen 4 or 5 in the Gillingham, Kent area. In fact I was following a gorgeous silver facelift model yesterday, gave the driver a wave but I think he thought I was missing a screw :lol: .... which i am..
waynerp
Web Design & Optimisation http://www.neden.uk

Z3 2.8
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

...we'll if you are, then the majority of us on this forum have screws lose too! We're called enthusiasts! :)
TR4man

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by TR4man »

Koolflyer wrote:........and how about in the snow..Coop's mate?? :D

I have to say that my little Zed is probably the worst car I've ever driven in the snow, but it was a case of needs must...

Re my earlier post about the lack of Z3s seen on my travels, I was at Telford College today and parked in the carpark was a silver Z3 1.9. I have to say it was the most dog-eared Z I've seen. Filthy and unkempt with lots of green mould on the roof and an interior that looked as though it had never, ever seen a vacuum. Sad really.
therealdb1

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by therealdb1 »

I often see a Z3 in Norfolk but usually from the inside unless I'm looking out of the kitchen window!
In fact there are 2 or 3 regularly lurking around the Hopton area. I'm not sure where they are based but if the owners are members of this forum I'd be interested to know.
Incidentally, 'Nelson' would be an appropriate name for a Norfolk based Z3 this being "Nelson's County". Great Yarmouth even has a Nelson Museum but I couldn't see any BMW parts in there.
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Stayed at Hopton Holiday Village a couple of times before I had my Z. A really nice place. Would like to come back in the Z but would probably struggle for luggage space so my wife may have to bring her VW Eos too.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

There are two at work, I don't know the owners so assume they work in the warehouse. There in a terrible state. One has recently had its rear window removed by use of a Stanley knife and now has some sheet plastic and gaffer tape holding it in place, every panel has damage on it too, the other is silver with a green bonnet, not as poor as the first but has rust issues. Don't think either are owned by enthusiasts!! :)

Cheers
Dave

Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Umm.......you know where NOT to park yours then Dave :wink:
Thesurveyor

M roadster S50

Post by Thesurveyor »

No shortage here in North West Kent. One of my neighbours would have bought my old green 2.8 but missed out and then got himself a very tidy black 2.2 that is often parked right outside my house. There's another less well cared for black 2.8 about 500m away so I see one or two every day.
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Koolflyer wrote:Umm.......you know where NOT to park yours then Dave :wink:
Pete, I don't take mine unless really necessary, I.E daily in for MOT or similar. The carpark at work has very narrow lines and I've twice had my daily scratched, there's a section of disused yard next to the carpark so now park on there and had no bother. On the odd occasion I have taken the Zed it's been parked as far from mankind as physically possible! :)

Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Davejue1 wrote:There are two at work, I don't know the owners so assume they work in the warehouse. There in a terrible state. One has recently had its rear window removed by use of a Stanley knife and now has some sheet plastic and gaffer tape holding it in place, every panel has damage on it too, the other is silver with a green bonnet, not as poor as the first but has rust issues. Don't think either are owned by enthusiasts!! :)

Cheers
Dave
Dave these people need reporting to the RSPCZ :wink: