The Auto tell-tale light.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

The Auto tell-tale light.

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi to you all out there. My 2000 (W) 2.0ltr Auto Z3 currently 66,000 miles has shown the Auto tell-tale light a few times. The first time was whilst driving slowly through a 30mph built up area and then again twice after engaging reverse and then drive.
There are no odd noises and when the car was in motion the first time that it happened it did not go into 'limp home mode'. In all of the three cases switching off and then firing-up again did not bring the light back on.
I have no roughness whatsoever and no odd noises,the gearbox is otherwise perfectly smooth in operation and it pulls like a train.
Is there a known issue with multiple earth connections as is the case with many modern cars - not least of all the Volvo V70 ranges?
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: The Auto tell-tale light.

Post by t-tony »

I get this with my w reg 2.0 Auto too occasionally. No other apparent issues, no fault codes stored no noises either. I can almost guarantee to make it come on when I go into the workshop at work in a very tight left hand lock, the light comes on when I reverse out again, almost every time. Stop and start light is off for several hundred miles.
To be honest I do tend to ignore it now, although it did worry me at first.

Cheers, Tony.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"